new dude

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats up all? im atomic. im a car painter, skateboarder & lover of all things hot rod! i just picked up an OCC from craigslist for 15 bucks and am starting the build so i'll be annoying you all with alot of random questions so thanks a ton in advance.

HAHA! thanks man, i'm also getting one of my best pals hooked at the same time. he's building a '72 stingray that i had sitting around for about 12 years.

so the 20" OCC chopper i got, is looking like the front end is pretty much junk. forks, fender and front wheel are all bent. so im looking to replace the forks with the same chopper style but better quality. they are kinda junky anyway(cheap stamped steel) can any one head me into the right direction as to where i can get parts for this thing? also i think im gonna swith the drag bars out for hangers. its a little tough to ride. my knees are almost hittin' the bars. thanks again dudes. atomic.

Roadriders.....Bennetts....Logan Earth Ski...Stacy Peralta....Still have my Skateboarder issues from 1977 and my Tony Hawk Powell & Peralta with Pink Krypto Lites and Motobuilt Trucks. Dont make me bust out the pics....fashion disaster :lol:

atomicclutch said:
so the 20" OCC chopper i got, is looking like the front end is pretty much junk. forks, fender and front wheel are all bent. so im looking to replace the forks with the same chopper style but better quality. they are kinda junky anyway(cheap stamped steel) can any one head me into the right direction as to where i can get parts for this thing? also i think im gonna swith the drag bars out for hangers. its a little tough to ride. my knees are almost hittin' the bars. thanks again dudes. atomic.

get your hands on some of these. since you payed close to NOTHING for the bike..(envy) it would be worth it to get some of these. ask around someone might have a a set they wanna come off of.
513202.jpg

it hasn't the seen light in years my knees can't take it anymore
IMG00124.jpg

IMG00123.jpg

some cat on here posted pics of his place had vintage boards hanging all around his place

thanks white trash. those were the forks i was looking @. and that old h-street! was that a tony magnusson!? HAHA!! so im thinking those forks with a mt. bike stem and some hangers, do i wanna go threadless with the both of them and also any idea what size steer tube? and since the neck is not a standard 20" neck, what size should i shop for? 26"? i really appreciate the help fellas!

its a david neilsen pro model looks like a whale on it's side.

steer tube on the forks is 1"O.D you can cut them to size. unlike the junk occ forks you can adjust them ones like motorcycle trees

http://bicycledesigner.com/ is where the pic came from. they are the same forks that come on the WCC bike minus the disc brake mount. so if you can score one of those for 15 bucks you'll be set

solid! thanks bro! just got the front end torn down, then had to run out for more beer and some arbys. also got the fender off, im takin' it to work tomorrow to weld up the reflector holes and paint it orange to match my vintage Indian minibike tank thats also goin on the hog. im so stoked, i feel like im ten again! hahaha

from the pics they look to be the same. only reason i say try to find the whole WCC bike is the bearings,cups and races are different from reg bike parts. i haven't checked if just any hardware will work and i'm not sure the occ stuff will be the same. so if you buy some try to find some with the hardware if you can.

Latest posts

Back