New From Brew City

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello coming from Milwaukee, WI. I got into cruisers growing up in Florida, didn't realize they were so big until I found my first frame (Schwinn American) in a dumpster, built it up piece by piece and loved riding it every summer. Sadly it was stolen from me out of a garage and I've been trying for a replacement ever since. I finally got ahold of another American Frame for cheap and I'm looking to build it back up to what I've always wanted. Finding this site has been a godsend as well as overwhelming. You guys do things with these frames I never thought possible. Anyways I'm hoping you guys can help me out because the first builds I did were all based on guessing and hoping parts fit right. I'll be posting a lot and if I'm posting in the wrongs forums let me know I apologize in advance. Here are a few of my builds.

Okay first question, how do I post pics? I tried facebook they didn't work.

Thanks! To both of you. So if I have questions about frames, builds, parts, etc I just post them into Bike talk or the how to section? Like if I needed to know what tanks can fit my frame

Thanks! To both of you. So if I have questions about frames, builds, parts, etc I just post them into Bike talk or the how to section? Like if I needed to know what tanks can fit my frame
:thumbsup: You got it!

Luke.

Welcome from about an hour North of you (Dodge County).

Awesome! I knew it wouldn't just be me from Wisconsin in here. I know I just missed the West Bend swap meet but what do you guys know of bike shops around here that cater better to us? I have a lot of hipster/overpriced/triathlon stores near me. Cory bike fixer on the east side seems to be my best option so far. Also I heard there's a paint shop in town that does work on frames on the cheap. Any weight to this rumor?

Allis cycle and fitness on 93rd national is a registered schwinn dealer with lots of cool parts. I got a 32t sprocket and sissy bar new for like $20. also Ben's cycle has good stuff and is hosting a vintage show/swap on the 21st https://www.benscycle.com/bikeswap/Milwaukee-Show_Swap_2015.jpg Also I got my sturmey archer front hub from the bike smiths on N. Murray cheeper then anywhere else.

Welcome from Green Lake. In MKE, there is South Shore Cycles--check out the owners (Scott?) personal collection/museum. He has a ton of bikes in the basement as well.

Awesome! I knew it wasn't just Wheel & Sprocket and Eriks in town. What about paint work? I'm looking to get a frame sandblasted and powde coated. I can strip it down to frame myself to avoid a charge

Awesome! I knew it wasn't just Wheel & Sprocket and Eriks in town. What about paint work? I'm looking to get a frame sandblasted and powde coated. I can strip it down to frame myself to avoid a charge
unknown for me in MKE (I have kept the paint original, but leaning towards a custom build here in the future)--SCC would have some leads.

Checked out SCC today, sweet store guys working there very helpful. That museum is insane. I've never seen some of those bikes in showroom condition like that. They told me about a paint shop called Raphael industries in West Allis. Around 75 for a paint job. More if they need sandblasting done.

great--here are a couple of other places as well around the state and not far from MKE.

If you are in Madison, look at Budget bike center. He has a couple of stores and tons of bikes and parts. He is pricey, but he may have that one off you are looking for.

There is a place called Cranked in Appleton area as well.

Back