New from New Hampshire

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up yall. I've been perusing this site for a while now, finally took the plunge and reg'd. I've always been into bikes, basically since I was 5 and my grandparents bought me a chrome and red with red tires "Mity Challenger". (very cool in the 80's to a 5 y.o). These days I ride mountain bikes pretty frequently and have acquired a collection of them, some on the vintage side of things. I haven't built a rat rod or anything like that (yet), but I have been diggin the bikes here big time. I'm a little over practical, so its gonna be tough for me to go towards a stylistic type build, but I think some sort of cruiser/klunker is in my future, perhaps with some roddish elements. Other than bikes I'm all about God, Guns and Techno, I love God, I love to shoot, I love to DJ, I love to ride, and I enjoy studying and researching all things related to those hobbies. I also hike and just like to play outside in general, here in the Mt. Washington Valley of NH where I live.

Looking forward to gaining some more knowledge and inspiration from the folks here.

Welcome aboard. Old Shimano 5-cog setups are usually pretty much bolt-on. :wink:

bike3%20044.jpg

Thanks guys!
Deorman, I like that bike--nice and simple, I could definitely see myself on that...... Whats the frame/fork on that one?

70's Huffy frame, a little on the heavy side, but tough to kill. It's gone through a number of wheel busting, fork twisting disasters without bending or separating. Not sure on the fork, some cheap mtb I pulled from the trash. Wald sells a shim that allows the use of the long Schwinn post.

Back