New from Ohio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm new to vintage bikes and restoring them. I just bought a Firestone bike off of my buddy for $25 and looking to restore it to its former glory. I have no idea what year this bike is or model and can't really find anything out concrete myself. The bike has a large "F" with Firestone below it on the front head. Attached should be a link to the picture of the bike. If you guys could lay some education on me I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87339727@N02/7998843363/

p.s. the bike also has an odometer? attached to the bottom of the front fork. It's in really good condition and works too.

Welcome! What you have there is a Firestone badged bike that was built by the bicycle company Monark. If you look up a Monark Rocket, you should come up with some bikes that have the same frame as yours. Looks to be late 50s. Enjoy!

Welcome to Rat Rod Bikes!

Make yourself at home, you're going to like it here. This site pulls together some of the best builders and easy-going but hard-working bike guys from all around the country, and the world.

There are so many builds to read and learn from- start with one of our Build-Off contests and work your way through some of the building stories on here. It's fun, inspirational, and sometimes mind-blowing what RRB friends are building on two wheels.

Enjoy!

--Rob

Latest posts

Back