New from So. Or with a couple first bike projects

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! I've been into cars for a long time, and after a recent string of bad luck with them I've decided to stick the problem car in storage for a while and come back to it maybe in a year or two... So I was up at my uncle's house last week and found that sweet old Schwinn frame in his "collection", asked him about it, and surprisingly he gave it to me on the premise that I could not sell it. Ok, fair enough. I decided that bikes would give me less trouble than cars, and would hopefully be less expensive haha! So here is the first bike I piked up:

263775_2119804639409_1374590817_32534367_4776027_n.jpg

It's a 1958 Schwinn Deluxe Spitfire... I had big plans to paint it up to match one of my cars, but recently I was told that the Deluxe Spitfire was a one year only bike, so I myself deem that pretty rare. So I will leave the original paint, try to pick up as much original parts as possible and stuff like that to attempt to get it as original as possible... While searching for parts I quickly figured out that this stuff wasn't as cheap as I had hoped it would be!! So I started searching the local craigslist ads for a parts bike which leads me to this next find:

270482_2172411274542_1374590817_32563745_6321471_n.jpg

Another Schwinn that at the moment I cannot identify due to the odd serial number. I will probably post another thread on this somewhere else to see if anyone else can help ID the year and/or model... I picked it up for 60 bucks, originally as a parts bike for the first one, but decided that if I wanted to paint a bike to match my car, this one might as well be it, as it has been repainted 3 times already, and doesnt have much originality left.

Anyway, here I am! That's about it in a nutshell.

Thanks!

The new one would explain the odd serial number I suppose, but the s/n location is on the left rear drop out which would indicate a 52-69 bike, right? I've already posted a thread on it in the Fresh Finds section, as I can not find it's serial number anywhere! The wheels/tires are not original old Schwinn stuff, the stem is Wald, and I was told the springer front end is repop stuff.

Back