New Guy and need some ideas....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I'm a South Carolina father of 2 crazy azz boys and they wanted to do something this weekend. Pondering what a 7 year old and 3 year old could possibly do together without wrestle-mania breaking out within 15 minutes, we take a quick ride over to the nearest wally-world to check out what kinds of fun-in-the-box (spring edition) that they have to offer. Low and behold I see this Chinese beauty that I just have to have. After a slick used car salesman edition of how much fun this will be, my boys are sold on the idea of doing some simple mods to her. Fun factor - check, tools - check, ability to get dirty - check, wallet friendly - kinda check.

I round up a few rags, can of goof-off, some grease, some wrenches, an old Troxel seat I forgot I had stuck on a western flyer and the boys are ready to go. 15 minutes later, we have a fairly decent beginning of a cheap and easy build that the boys think it is a godsend. I quote "Dad - how did you murder out those rims so fast?????? " I didn't even realize when we were buying it that it had black rims and spokes. Sweet and sweet.

DSC_0604.JPG

My question to you is "What could we do on the cheap to REALLY trick this thing out and still keep it simple?" Front sprocket? Pedals? Ape bars? Throw out what ever you feel like. If it's a link or a picture - even better.

After cruising around the driveway a few times, I gotta say that this is going to be my new favorite bike to bash around the beach on. It just rides well!

Thanks in advance for any ideas. I have been lurking for a while. Time to come out and play.

Adios,
Aaron

Latest posts

Back