New guy from Bremerton, WA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats going on everyone. Name is Bryan (aka "Hooligan"), 33 years old Body Piercer from Bremerton, WA. I was looking to get back into bikes after seeing some pics while searching the net. Luckily I found this site and all I can say is ...., not only do you guys know your bikes but there are some sick builds here too. I instantly jumped on Craigslist to see what I could find locally and sure enough I ran across an add for what was advertised as a late 60's Schwinn Cruiser that had been pieced together for $50.00. I loaded up my son yesterday and headed out to look at the bike, sure enough I came home with it.

Digging around online and running the numbers it appears that I have 54 Schwinn Cruiser. Most of the parts are still original with lots of Patina. The handlebars and chaingaurd were pulled from a Schwinn Breeze, the rims were replaced with modern day aluminum mountain bike rims and the rear has a Sachs Typhoon 2 speed kick back. After getting the bike home I have now decided to find some original rims and keep the bike stock. I just cant pull myself to cut up a 54 Schwinn. The plan now is to run out a grab a re-popped Cruiser and chop that up.

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

Welcome to the forum Bryan! :D

That's a cool cruiser you picked up there...and a great price!

I may be interested in those wheels if you plan to get rid of them.

PM me when you get a chance.

Welcome aboard!

My first duty station was there in Bremerton. My ship spent 3 years in the yards there. I bought my 3 speed Hercules there, used, from one of the bike shops. I rode that bike all over the world.

Latest posts

Back