new guy from eastern Kansas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I am new here. I live in eastern Kansas, just south of Lawrence to be exact. I found this slice of heaven while doing a Google search on my Ross Diamond Cruiser that I bought two weeks ago off of CL. I have already replaced the tires and wheels with a set off of a 90s GT Karakoram, Shimano Deore quick release hubs and all. The current Dia Compe brakes need some new shoes, but I need to get some new bars and a single speed setup for now. I hope to learn and contribute immediately.

Welcome from south/central Kansas. If you can't make it down here, there's some fine rad rod brotheren in the KC area too.

I will have to check on the bikefest, but as of now, my riding is simply around town as I can't get away too often. I will get some pictures up for you all, but the ride is solid. I took the Araya wheels back off the bike as the chain was jumping and skipping. I threw the old wheels and tires back on and it is a smooth ride again. I guess Ross knew what the heck they were doing. Perhaps a Lawrence get together should be organized for the spring as there is a lot of history up here as well.

Back