New guy from Fl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I've been eyeballing this forum for a long time and after seeing some of the stuff this place puts together I couldn't resist becoming part of the action... even if I'm just a 'forum lurker' most of the time. :roll:

Anyway to keep it short and sweet my hobbies have switched from woodworking to computers to small engines, and currently the small engines (and bikes) are holding my interest the strongest. It started with a 1970 Rupp Scrambler minibike my grampa got me when I was about 4. The bike sat in his garage for about 10 years until I got to mess around with it- and after a year or two- figure out what needed to be done to fix it. Long story short the build took about two years to complete and it sits now with a hopped up briggs motor that wants to tear my arm out of it's socket and a flat tire.

So most of my builds on here will probably end up as motor bikes but I'm inspired by the rat rod/vintage style so I figured you guys might be interested to observe a build or two.. And maybe I can 'borrow' some ideas from other projects on here.

Alright.. the first bike I put together was a Rhino bmx aluminum frame with a 25cc homelite engine. I set it up as a friction drive with a socket for a spindle. It worked alright but the bike ended up falling apart so I took the engine off and sold it to some guy on craplist for $50 to make room.
sunp0282.jpg

sunp0281.jpg

My next build after that was thrown together out of scrap I had laying around, it was also a 25cc friction drive bmx. I liked this engine better because I was actually able to keep the engine casing together without it getting in the way, And the throttle was a lot easier to hook up. I cut some slots in the socket spindle because it would actually melt the tire particles and turn them into a slime where I couldn't get any traction. I was using it to transport me to and from work but I got lazy and started guessing on my fuel/oil ratios and fried the piston one day. I kinda miss it but it was only a $4 loss.
img1381am.jpg

img1417cg.jpg

img1416r.jpg

Well guys sorry about the kinda lengthy intro, I started a new build awhile ago with a much bigger engine, so maybe in the next couple hours I'll have a build thread up on that. I look forward to my stay here at RRB.
-MGR

Back