New guy from Lancaster, OH

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here and to RRBs in general but have always had a great interest in bikes, going all the way back to the 70s when I grew up. Had a Stingray type bike in about 72-73 that I put knobbies on front & rear along with a motorcycle type handlebar & rode & jumped the crap out of it until I broke the frame :lol: Then got in to the triathlon & MTN bike scene in the 80s.

So I just picked up my 1st potential RRB a couple nights ago... a 63 Western Flyer Galaxy. Not sure what I'm doing with it yet, but I feel like I've turned the page onto a new bike chapter!

Here's a pic of the bike 20 mins after I got it in the garage next to my other vintage iron...a 77 Bronco.

WFGalaxy2_zps295f54b7.jpg

jats said:
future clunker? enjoy and welcome

Thanks for the hellos :D YES!! After reading the clunker thread in the main forum, it hit me yesterday...it's a clunker! Especially since that's exactly what I did as a kid (re: post 1). I'm working on cleaning it up and figuring out what parts to find. What do you think...BMX stem or road bike stem?

Lewie said:
jats said:
future clunker? enjoy and welcome

Thanks for the hellos :D YES!! After reading the clunker thread in the main forum, it hit me yesterday...it's a clunker! Especially since that's exactly what I did as a kid (re: post 1). I'm working on cleaning it up and figuring out what parts to find. What do you think...BMX stem or road bike stem?
BMX stem and you might consider different forks since most of the factory forks bent or broke when pushed real hard on trails. saw some guys truss rod them with good success

Back