New Guy From SoCal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Im a new addict. I bought a 60's Columbia and I cant seem to stop wanting to mess with it. It really doesnt need much anymore so I'm thinking I may try my hand at building a second bike (there are currently 4 bikes and 1 kiddie trailer in my apartment living room...). So I figured I would pop in and say HOWDY! I may post a pic if I can figure out these newfandangled intraweb box control units. :D

Thank you very much!

This site is amazing. It unfortunately drives me to want to build a bike from scratch.

After looking at the workshop thread I fear I may be headed down a road that will also include the purchase of a shed...

Thankfully my other half is cool enough not to mind...

ruddigger said:
Welcome, I'm just up the 5 from ya. My living room is also full of bikes, lol.

Nice! Im right at Old Towne Orange by the Circle.

My better half did triathalons until she got pregnant (2 1/2 year old) and hasnt really trained in the last 3 years. So I have her road bike and some hybrid deal in the living room. She wanted to get back into it so I grabbed an old Columbia and then had to get a "cruiser" for my oldest daughter as well... OOPS!

There went my living room. Add the kiddie trailer and its now a mini bike shop... :?

Of course I am now looking for a frame to build a bike myself. That means I need a stand etc etc etc...

Oddly enough Im looking forward to it. :D

Latest posts

Back