New guy from Sweden

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

New old guy from Sweden here. Was playing a lot with bicycle builds when I was a kid and picked it up again a couple of years ago as it´s never too late to have a happy childhood I think.

Just about to post what I am working on in the "BIKE BUILDS" forum section.

Håkan

Thanks all!

vanilla_gorilla said:
Hej!
where in Sweden are you from? I have friends in Göteborg, i went there a few years ago to vist.
you have a beautiful country! welcome to the website
sénare

Thanks, I am in Enköping, small town ~50 miles west of the capitol Stockholm. Except for the long, cold and dark winter, things are pretty good here. On the other hand you can work a lot on things like bikes and cars during the winter.

My other hobby is BTW a heavily modified ´67 Ford Mustang that´s been in progress for a long time, no hurry with it though as I have no real time plan for that project. I am working with IT so it´s nice to have something "real" and old school to work on as a hobby.

Håkan

vanilla_gorilla said:
a mustang in sweden that sounds pretty rare, have fun with it!

I have seen more Mustangs in Sweden in a week than in Germany in 10 years. There are many good and crazy guys who spend there time and money in this fantastic cars...

Every trip to a supermarket I see one oder two mustangs and other US-Cars. Great visit!

Best regards,

Björn fran Tyskland

Nordmann said:
vanilla_gorilla said:
a mustang in sweden that sounds pretty rare, have fun with it!

I have seen more Mustangs in Sweden in a week than in Germany in 10 years. There are many good and crazy guys who spend there time and money in this fantastic cars...

Every trip to a supermarket I see one oder two mustangs and other US-Cars. Great visit!

Best regards,

Björn fran Tyskland

Yep, usually see at least a couple of Mustangs on a daily basis besides the two (also have a ´94 Mustang GT convertible) I have myself. The hobby and business around US cars (hot rods, street rods, customs, muscle cars, drag racing, etc.) is huge compared to how small this country is over here in Sweden, not much going on that I know of around cool bicycles for some reason though. Kind of strange as it´s a lot of fun, cheaper, do not require a lot of space and so on. Maybe I should bring my latest build to some of the local shows later this summer and see what happens...

Håkan

Hi! Yep, Sweden full of hot rods, custom and vintage american cars. It's been hot scene since the 60's. Here in Finland we have quite a lot of that kind of activity too. I think the bicycle scene is much bigger in Finland than in Sweden. Maybe you guys are catching up with that too! Have a nice spring!
Hälsningar från Helsingfors! Mitja

Very unscientific statistics as they are based on just one days observations, but I´ve seen 7 Ford Mustangs besides my own today, 1 ´65 or ´66, 1 ´68, 1 ´71-´73, 1 ´94 or ´95, 1 ´99-´04 and 2 ´05+.

Håkan

Back