New Guy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Found this site from a topic on the HAMB. Awesome site, I love it.
Anyways, I work for the sales company of Huffy Bikes. Huffy uses a third party so to speak to sell their bikes to retail stores, anyways I work in the service division of it.
My old boss was going to toss a Huffy beach cruiser away that was used as a sample, I took it home and have been trying to decide what I want to do with it. I wanted to put a kingsmotorbike.com kit on it but I think I may just leave it alone and add a springer fork and ape hangers. I removed all the decals and the fenders to give it a sleaker look. I may repaint it down the road but the paint is in great shape as it was never used so I think I will keep it like that.

In regards to the springer fork, where is a good place to find one? And if I do buy one what else would I need to purchase to be able to put this on the bike? Thanks A lot everyone!

Oh and im still working on getting one of the Jesse James choppers that huffy sold a couple of years ago, I know there is at least one or two sitting in my old boss' pole barn 8)

my most prized bike as a kid was a red/black/white huffy coaster w/white wheel discs, i loved that bike even tho i still remember how bad my butt hurt from that plastic seat.

anywho, welcome !!! and enjoy the scenery (feel free to add some too)

Welcome ...I have question Huffy, used to post a pic of a silver [ i think ] cruiser--- forward bottom bracket, little plate welded up front and I could not find it in any of the big stores here in Cali I even called the head quarters and they said it was posted in the line up, but was not in production yet .....question did it ever come out I really liked that frame. :| :| :|

Hi Silent H and welcome to the group. Finally another member on the west side of the mitten that rides. After the weather clears maybe we can get a ride together down your direction, I enjoy ridding the White Pine Trail. There is also some rumbelings that there could be a FBMGL showing at the Autorama. If you are seriously thinking of putting a motor on your Huffy cruiser, please either remove or reinforce your fender brackets. They are a very weak point on these bikes and I have seen a handfull of them fail with catostrophic results to the bikes and injuries to the ridders. Looking forward to seeing your projects...Kelly

Hey thanks everyone.
Im down for the bike ride next year some time. Im not sure if I still want to do the motor on the bike or not, I think I just might enjoy it as it is supposed to be used.

Silent H said:
Hey thanks everyone.
Im down for the bike ride next year some time. Im not sure if I still want to do the motor on the bike or not, I think I just might enjoy it as it is supposed to be used.
:x PUT THE MOTOR ON THE BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x JK.Welcome! I wanna motorized bike.( for the cold mornings)Love the Derringers,but I don't have $3500! :cry: Whatever you do with it is alright...........it's your own! :wink:
L8 EM

Back