New guy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Been digging the site for a long time. Found what you guys are doing very inspiring. So much so it got me back into bikes. Got motivated to build a stretch bike (Caught the bug). I'm now am getting rid of my old Plymouth just to focus on bikes. Going to get into scratch building frames.

Here's a couple of pic's of the build. Just a micargi frame, but it was fun to build.

Here's what I started with

Here's after some Aircraft stripper and elbow grease :D

Some priming

Paint

MY wife was trying to figure out what the black spots on the black spots on the swing set were. :lol:

The build

I'm planning on doing some striping and some sort of mural.

Thanks, Bone-Daddy

Welcome aboard!
Nice work so far, excited by your scratch builds the most though! :wink:
Make sure you post them up in the dedicated scratch build section: viewforum.php?f=48
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Have you thought about entering the "Anything Goes" class on the build off? Runs from the 1st of May to the 1st of August...

Luke.

Thanks all, for the warm welcome.

I have a few ideas and some parts laying around waiting to be used. I'm will see what I can come up with.

Luke I was looking at some of your builds. Very nice! Do you bend tubing by hand? I have done quite bit of metal work in the past, but the frame building is something pretty new. Any input would be awesome.

Thanks,

I use a cheap hydraulic bender and loads of patience: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68228
A couple of builders on the site are having good success with the cheap harbour freight tube roller too...

Luke.

Awesome,

that was the way I wanted to go, but had talked myself out of it.

It sounds like a lot cheaper way to go. It's good to see people getting good results.

Bone-Daddy said:
Awesome,

that was the way I wanted to go, but had talked myself out of it.

It sounds like a lot cheaper way to go. It's good to see people getting good results.*

*Results may vary. We do not guarantee you will have success with these rather flawed tools.

:lol: For how much it costs, it is work the try, but be prepared to throw away a lot of tube and sometimes not get the results you are after no matter how hard you try... Just the way it goes unfortunately.

Luke.

That sounds like anything that is worth doing. Makes success all the more sweet.

You guys have given me a lot to think about. I'm going to have to do some more research.

Thanks, all this info probably saved me some serious coin.

Bone-Daddy said:
Awesome! I knew a few people that worked ar Aaron's. I actually work for O'Reilley's Automotive as a graphic designer.

Small world, I was the Regional Engine Sales Manager for Florida and south Georgia. I later went to work for ATK in the same position.
they also sold out to LKQ. :roll: I wish we had an O'Reilley's here in Fl. Nice stores! Tom

Back