new guy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been cycling to work and school out of necessity since I was 16 but it has now become a passion. I’m also really excited for the upcoming winter build off. can't wait to see what others are planing, Thanks for your time

Hey, Welcome to RRB. Things are a bit slow around this time, be about an hour and things should liven up.

My name is Jordan, folks here call me "FZ"
As you can see below my Icon, I'm relatively new myself.
There's a mess to read here, in the Forums, and even some places to post up what you ride and what you build if that's your thing.
I myself have a couple Im in the process of "Tinkering" with.
The first I brought to the forums here is a '69 Otasco Badged Murray, the other which is new to my collection thanks to a Member here, matter of fact is a 1939 Columbia Westfield. I have a thing for ladies frames, you can bet both of these are! :113:

Be sure to read the rules above any specified forum before posting.

Enjoy!:thumbsup:

FZ [Flyng O-Otasco Zombie]

Welcome to the site., Path_Racer! I to am gearing up for the WBO. I love the muscle bikes too, I just didn't have anything suited for a muscle build.

thanks for the warm welcome! nice bikes! something to be said for the ladies frames. i rode a rusty old ladies framed Schwinn in Florida for a while, saved my family jewels when i slipped off the front of the seat during an abrupt stop.

thanks for the welcome big ape, mind me asking what you are planing for the winter build?

thanks for the warm welcome! nice bikes! something to be said for the ladies frames. i rode a rusty old ladies framed Schwinn in Florida for a while, saved my family jewels when i slipped off the front of the seat during an abrupt stop.
I like that aspect, as well as the ability to rest a foot if you have the length.
Its a nice cruiser shape, without a doubt. I've been fortunate with my lack of spills as an adult. [Wish I could say the same as a Kid.] The older Schwinn frames are nice. I really like Panther Tankers.

FZ

thanks for the welcome big ape, mind me asking what you are planing for the winter build?
No problem, I am going with a jet age theme. Trying to put together some jet and rocket graphics as far as tank, chain guard, etc. Gonna weld up some wild pullback bars. All in a traditional hot rod paint theme black, red , and white. Early title for the build thread... Super Sonic!

o_O "Lady's" bike? :acute:Excuse me, I believe the term is "step-through".:bigboss:
:grin:

:pELITIST!! With your high falootin' technical bicycle terms!o_O
I like ladies frames and I can not lie....
You other brothers can't deny.......:cool2:

Welcome to RRB Path_Racer, I see that you're jumpin' in to the Winter Build Off with a CCM!
...and you're from Canada! That's Cool, do you know Dave and Kathy from Canada?:)

everybody in Canada knows Dave and Kathy ;)
i was born in Toronto, great city. i'm a big ccm fan, (the old bikes not the new reebok ripoffs).

everybody in Canada knows Dave and Kathy ;)
i was born in Toronto, great city. i'm a big ccm fan, (the old bikes not the new reebok ripoffs).

Yes the old CCMs are very solid bikes. I have one myself, an old Duomatic frame that is still in the planning stages.
Once I get my hands on a heater I can get to the stripping and repaint in a more confined and heat controlled (boothish)area of my little workspace.
Good Luck with your plan, I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

Nice! A heat gun makes things easier. The only other ccm I have is a ww2 black out bicycle. thanks for the support :)

Got any pictures of the blackout CCM? I'm thinking of doing that with a '43 frame I've got.

Back