New here any trike ideas with threaded rod diy axle unit

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
building a trike with threaded rod as solid axle through a tube as a diy tike axle and housing any help is appreciated

I don't know how strong that type of axle would be, maybe if the all thread fit snug into the tube before you weld them together.

My solid axle trikes all have a solid bar, threaded on the ends to mount wheels to. Or a solid bar with hollow hubs held on with a sheer pin.

depending on how big the axel is , the 2 rims and a center drive hub could all be mounted with pins/bolted through the axle , and use pillowbloc bearing mounts
2011-04-07_14-05-00_118.jpg
images
1375_CAT.jpg

or go more professional with theses http://www.atomiczombie.com/FDAX34 Trike Axle FreeWheel Adapter.aspx

I don't know how strong that type of axle would be, maybe if the all thread fit snug into the tube before you weld them together.

My solid axle trikes all have a solid bar, threaded on the ends to mount wheels to. Or a solid bar with hollow hubs held on with a sheer pin.
Thanks Falstaff,I am going with a tube on outer for strength and going to weld nuts into the pipe. So i hope to be able to use the original wheel axles instead of the threaded bar and making an angle iron frame to sit my childrens seat on. any other feedback is appreciated,seems from other threads I've seen you know your stuff.

Thank you all for the help and links,love this sight lots of truly wonderful feedback.Sorry have been away awhile as the dadlife gets busy and i create way to many things and hop from project to project.Most of the way finished with my fiancee's old school single speed cruiser and sketching a painting as I write this.
Just want to say Thank you to you all and RatRod Bikes for allowing a lowly tinkerer the pleasure of being part of this vast community!

Thanks Falstaff,I am going with a tube on outer for strength and going to weld nuts into the pipe. So i hope to be able to use the original wheel axles instead of the threaded bar and making an angle iron frame to sit my childrens seat on. any other feedback is appreciated,seems from other threads I've seen you know your stuff.
I appreciate the comment, but I don't know much about bikes. I'm still learning myself.

Latest posts

Back