New Hubs By Curtis Odom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished a batch of my new track hubs. These have very large 4 inch diameter flanges, the hub body is a three piece assembly, the axles are hardened stainless steel with oversize sealed bearings. The lock nuts and spacers (missing) are not finished yet.

DSC_0523-sm.jpg

DSC_0509-sm.jpg

DSC_0524-sm.jpg

Yes, these hubs will (are) be for sale. At least the fronts will be applicable to cruisers. There will also be a model with the centers (these are three piece hub shells) machined out of polished stainless steel for the proper vintage look.

But they are in the high price range.

Unbelievable craftsmanship, absolutely gorgeous. I'd be interested!!!!!!!!!!

I will need to price out separate front hubs. I assume that is the only hub wanted for most Rat Rod/Cruiser applications. 36 hole I assume?

Weight? Not a clue, in fact I hope to never weigh them. The concept was not to go after the weight weenie market (I am already there with our own road bikes). The idea was to build a top quality hub with the best looks, others likely have a better hub due to the use of oversize aluminum axles and such. Mine do have oversize bearings due to a "bearing carrier" that I invented. With the extra large 4" flanges there is no way to compete in the weight market without going to titanium axles and ceramic bearings. I suppose that weighing them will have to happen but at this point I am still waiting on my lock nuts and spacers.

They are not cheap, the track hubs are $350 a pair. Road hubs are not priced yet. Single fronts will be available.
Not sure how much time per hub, have to check all the machine run times and add them up, that would not include all the finish, assembly, and design time.

Back