New Leaf Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So, I've been here since 2013. I came looking for info on an old Hawthorne I found at a Garage sale and never left. The 2013 Muscle Bike Build Off was my first buildoff and I've been in almost every one since. Sometimes my attitude here has waned, not always positive not always encouraging. I miss a few of the people who were here for me when I got here and I will try to be more like they were for the people who are here now. The devil doesn't need an advocate so I will stop posing as one. In my life out here in the world I'm the most positive and outgoing person there is. Class clown, prankster, joke teller and goof off. I've got a ton of knowledge on multiple topics well read and learned. Dad, divorced, involved in church, old school carpenter (which means I think I can do anything, kinda like a farmer), collector of many things, a maker of many things, clean and sober for 27+ yrs. I work part time repairing guitars at a local mom n pop store. I've got loving adult children and a long time girlfriend for 20+ yrs. My life is beautiful and stable and my presence here should reflect that, because I really do love this place. I can tinker on a bike all day.

Peace and Love.
Carl.

You've always been a very positive influence on our RRB community brother. Keep up the good work. Keep up the great content. And most of all, keep on building cool creations year round! RRB is a better place by having "GuitarCarl" in the joint! THANKS!

All of your builds that I've run across so far have been absolutely stellar! Lots of build threads to explore on rainy days (it's actually raining here in the CA desert today!). Thanks for all the great inspiration, hopefully my builds will improve to the level that you and a bunch of people around here live at. :thumbsup:

Thanks Carl. You were an inspiration to me when I first came here too.
Still carrying your baby's picture in my wallet:
177299-31521-85abae06519db3d03f478e7234f73861.jpeg

AlienFire totally flipped my thinking on bikes

Thanks guys. I'll be trying to keep it positive. So instead of commenting on the infighting and backstabbing I had editorialized about and then deleted, I'll just leave this here...

It's your integrity don't just toss it away.

Thanks guys. I'll be trying to keep it positive. So instead of commenting on the infighting and backstabbing I had editorialized about and then deleted, I'll just leave this here...

It's your integrity don't just toss it away.

You guys do a good job of keeping things low key.

Well one of the things I find awesome about this place is the family friendly atmosphere. Some guys try to push it and skirt around the wording to sound cool with innuendo, but if you have to try and be cool - you're not really there are you? It's like humility, when you think you got it, nope it's gone.

I've been into your stuff since arriving. Similar taste. You'll always be an inspirational mentor to us.

Your Rollfast is one of my all time favorites. You're in one heck of an elite group brother.
View attachment 210396
Grumpy Carl's last look.
Haha! I love that bike, Rockin' Rollfast, the rear half is a from a modern huffy MTB it kinda looks like a stretched zeppelin to me. I still take it out and ride it some. It's a keeper. I've even modified that guitar more since then too. Now it has another gauge below the first one and I removed the RatRodBikes sticker to buff the aluminum... Thank you my brother.

Last edited:
It's more awesome in the sense that it serves as your guitar amp. To me that's the coolest. I'm about attracting crowds and doing things on my bike hardly anyone else does or can. . . I know what the bike means to you ;)

Thanks Carl. You were an inspiration to me when I first came here too.
Still carrying your baby's picture in my wallet:View attachment 210328
AlienFire totally flipped my thinking on bikes
Mattie showed me that bike when I first got here. Blew my mind. I love the original twist you put on your builds.

For some reason this made me think of this old video of Zappa playing percussion on a bicycle.

Only he was about 25 and dressed in the 1960 stringbean, white shirt, and dress coat.
Steve Allen show?

Thanks, that’s the one. I don’t think I ever watched the entire thing before.

I have a pretty big collection of Zappa on LP, from Freak Out, up to about the time of shake your booty (Sheik Yerbouti)

I only have factory cassettes of Hot Rats and Wakajawaka

I only have Tinseltown Rebellion and Lumpy Gravy on cd.

I don’t have any of the videos though, and I’ve never seen 200 Motels. I do have the LP.

Latest posts

Back