New Lowrider build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm rhys from london uk
I love the look of the lowriders frame and Bent springer forks. So I got my mums bike she didn't ride it anymore so I payed her £6.50 lol it was new from halfords about 300 quid so this it what it looks like now
sa5ura2y.jpg

I'm going to cut the middle out and all that's going to be left is the bottem bit that the wheel bolts on to. And the BB.

Today I'm going to cut it up ;)
ydaqy3e2.jpg

Will have some up dates later going to take it to work and start welding ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to and reuse the seat and bars but I do like the look of apes :). I was thinking of recovering the seat in white.

Lol yeahs front room. I take everything to work there's a big shop there with everything you world need to make anything from a computer to a wooden door lol

y9utepar.jpg

So that's what I want the frame to look like wen I'm done going to put a infill in the front fight paint it up or pinstripe it. Should be getting most of the frame done tonight :) then I'll work on the Bent springer forks ;D

etase3a5.jpg

On my way to work now got a 9 km ride now lol should be fun

Just had a fun ride to work
a2upymu6.jpg

Done some cutting on the old frame already
ysumaga2.jpg

4ahegagy.jpg

esu9a3av.jpg

duga6aza.jpg

That's all done now will get more pis of that a bit later on.

I'm going to mod the old forks to make my own springer forks so this is what I did
4u8ynyja.jpg

I'm going to cut it again one inch fr the bottom cup. Then put a little pipe on the bottom to mount the arms. But that's later want to get the frame done to start with.

Getting ready to cut the tube
5y8a2uqa.jpg

Just done the back bone ready to be tacked
emesypy8.jpg

Just done the bottom tube
ehahe3ep.jpg

There a bit long at the moment I'm going to get a hole saw bit and cut them to the suit the head tube then tack them in place just how they are in the pic going to cut the middle one too then once that's done lll tack it on to the BB and the rest of the frame just like a cut and shut lol

This is what the back end looks like at the moment ....
4yqanage.jpg

I don't know what there called but I'll call them arms lol I'm getting rid of them arms that hold the back wheel and going to make now ones just keeping them there at the moment so I know what size the new ones will be going to make new drop outs too

You don't waste any time
.. Nope lol I've got a lot of free time at work lol I work nights so no ones watching me work so I can do what I want really lol what do you think so far ??

Just cut the springer legs ready for wen I do them
meqynury.jpg

.. Nope lol I've got a lot of free time at work lol I work nights so no ones watching me work so I can do what I want really lol what do you think so far ??
What I think is that it's not such a good idea to brag about loafing at work... on the internet!:bigboss:

Other than that, looks like your off to a good start. Cool looking chain ring and crank set also.;)

Lol my boss it cool he gets me pizza and and let's me watch tv lol as long as I get the work done he's happy lol. Thanks I think I'm going to have to cut them and retap them. It's going to be so low they won't spin lol

Changed my mind I'm going to do something different with the springer fork legs. So I used that tube ^^ to make the arms that hold the back wheel made it 5 inches longer then the stock ones
yqu7yha3.jpg

y4ygu6u6.jpg

Long and low
8D

Now I just got to wait till 1 in the morning to start welding :)

By the end of this week I would like the frame ready to go for paint so the wheel can bolt on chain lines up and everything filled. I was thinking there is going to be a bit in the middle of the frame where I was going to put a bit of sheet metal but I think if would look good with a bit of ply wood in there with varnish or something. (Let me know what you think of that people ?? ). Then hopefully I'll start work on the springers next week. I've got a big bike chain that I was thinking to weld in the shape I need and use that as the legs don't know yet I'll have a think about it. I've got 26 inch wheels I'm going to get like 3 inch wide tyres I want the frame to sit inside the wheels not on top LONG AND LOW is what I'm going for ;)

Back