New member from CA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told about this site from a guy I met at the Turlock, CA swap meet yesterday. This is a pretty cool site.

A bit about me. I started as a young kid collecting and building model cars. Then moved onto the big cars and trucks. I currently own an original and unrestored 1937 Chrysler Airflow in which I ride around town on nice weekends. Also have a 1952 Ford Panel. In addition to the cars, I collect petroliana items and vintage radios. I recently got into the bikes.

In the past 6 months, I bought a Scwhinn cruiser for my wife, a 70s Rallye (sp?) tandem, and a Behrens Pink Lady. I also have a new Rip Curl cruiser with an attached baby seat for my son.

A few months ago, I built this bike for my wife's nephew. It's a newer frame, seat and handlebars, wheels/tires, with the rest of the parts being robbed from an old bike that I found at a scrap yard. The frame and fenders are powder coated. It's his favorite bike and he wants me to build him another one.

TCVSL-IMG_0783.JPG

Next on the build list is a tricycle from the 40s for my son.

welcome i love your cars there nice and thats a great bike

Cool Chrysler . I think someone ran one of those at Bonniville ... maby still dose .
Your portion of Turlock Rocks ... Nice stuff. Welcome abord

MagicRat said:
Thanks for your Airflow pics.WAY COOL!...is it a Limo?

It's not a limo, although it looks like one. There are only a few Airflow limos in existance in the world. The limos were slightly wider and longer. They also had one-piece windshields.

Told ya so ! :lol: Yeah I thought you might like this site and I love the airflow by the way.and the space we were at, you didn't happen to get the number for that guy as a one of our members is interested in some of his bikes...dont hurt to ask

Gold Street Customs said:
Told ya so ! :lol: Yeah I thought you might like this site and I love the airflow by the way.and the space we were at, you didn't happen to get the number for that guy as a one of our members is interested in some of his bikes...dont hurt to ask

Unfortunately I didn't. Sorry.

The California Capitol Chapter of the Buick Club of America will host its annual swap meet in Sacramento on Feb. 1.

The meet for all old cars and their related parts will be in the parking lots under Sacramento's Capital City Freeway, bounded by W, X, 19th and 22nd streets, with gates opening at 5 am. There is no admission charge for spectators.

For more information on the upcoming meet, call Fran at 916-489-6631.

I wish I could go, but can't make it either.

welcome from sacramento nice air flow i always wanted one of those they are very sexy. welcome to the site dont be a stranger

hey ! welcome aboard galtster dig the car pics espeally the ford thanx for that and really dig that turlock swap got any info when the next one is ?

yours truly A.S.BOLTNUT

Back