New Member From California

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not realy sure as of what to put in here. Ive allways been a little shy and unsure of what to say in public situations. I got my first classic ( a Western Flyer ) two years ago from a little old lady that said that Her Uncle brought it over to her house when she moved in back in 1956 it got ridden around a little and put up in the rafters of the barn and there it sat for the next 52 or so years. That is untill she sold it to me for $125. It was love at first sight and lust at first ride. That was the start of a very dangerous and costly addiction. Ive been constantly on the scavenge ever sense. Unfortunatly in my area of California I dont seem to have much luck finding what I most long for, Balloon Tankers. So ive recently taken to trying to find 1930-1940s frames to do up right (at least in my mind) Seeing as I cant find a complete one to save my life (well thats a reasonable price that is)
Much Respect,
The Western Flyer

westernflyer said:
So not realy sure as of what to put in here. Ive allways been a little shy and unsure of what to say in public situations. I got my first classic ( a Western Flyer ) two years ago from a little old lady that said that Her Uncle brought it over to her house when she moved in back in 1956 it got ridden around a little and put up in the rafters of the barn and there it sat for the next 52 or so years. That is untill she sold it to me for $125. It was love at first sight and lust at first ride. That was the start of a very dangerous and costly addiction. Ive been constantly on the scavenge ever sense. Unfortunatly in my area of California I dont seem to have much luck finding what I most long for, Balloon Tankers. So ive recently taken to trying to find 1930-1940s frames to do up right (at least in my mind) Seeing as I cant find a complete one to save my life (well thats a reasonable price that is)
Much Respect,
The Western Flyer
Welcome! I see you might be from socal judging by the last part of your intro. :D

welcome i am sacramento area. alwasy cool to see another west coast guy

welcome!
i am also very green to the site.
everyone has been extremely helpful though.

That was the start of a very dangerous and costly addiction.
Welcome, and at least this addiction is more affordable and less dangerous than most! Like cars, motorcycles, beanie babies, you get the idea! :lol: ~Adam

Back