new member from Sacramento

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, this site is awesome btw. I 'm a body tech that likes metal fabrication as a hobby but I can't afford to build cars so bicycles seems like the way to go to satisfy my urge to fabricate. I'm currently working on an OCC Schwinn chopper bike that's going to be a 49ers themed bike and it's currently stripped and ready for some mild body work and then paint. While the bike is waiting for my attention I'm already planning my next bike, which might be a trike with some really droopy fenders all around. Anyhow, good to know there's a sight with people who share the same interest in making cool bikes.

Heya there, Henry.
Im glad to find so many members coming in in just the short time I've been a member [joined early October].
Its a common thing if you read into some of the other intros, to find folks interested in restoring old cars but not having that sort of space or finance, etc.. Bikes I assure are a hobby for all classes of folk, and I think the more you dive into brands, parts and eras..the more you're going to find a welcome and warm place here to post and talk about it all!
The OCC should turn out really nice, a great bike to begin the practice on and hone the skills that'll set you apart. Given your metalwork, Im eager to see what you produce in the way of upcoming builds and custom work.

This place is as much yours now as it is mine. =]

Welcome aboard!
FZ

p.s. This is a build someones doing in the forums here now, with an OCC Chopper. Just to get the gears rollin!
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/occ-stingray-part-ii.88368/#post-881319

Heya there, Henry.
Im glad to find so many members coming in in just the short time I've been a member [joined early October].
Its a common thing if you read into some of the other intros, to find folks interested in restoring old cars but not having that sort of space or finance, etc.. Bikes I assure are a hobby for all classes of folk, and I think the more you dive into brands, parts and eras..the more you're going to find a welcome and warm place here to post and talk about it all!
The OCC should turn out really nice, a great bike to begin the practice on and hone the skills that'll set you apart. Given your metalwork, Im eager to see what you produce in the way of upcoming builds and custom work.

This place is as much yours now as it is mine. =]

Welcome aboard!
FZ

p.s. This is a build someones doing in the forums here now, with an OCC Chopper. Just to get the gears rollin!
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/occ-stingray-part-ii.88368/#post-881319

awesome. Thanks for the link. I've been trying to find a occ chopper pic without the chain guard to see how it looks. I'll post some pics when I get my hoops/hubs from the powder coater and get some spokes in there. The bike will be pretty gimmicky but I always wanted to do a 49ers bike.

Back