New member from Wisconsin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hi everyone!
I have always enjoyed bikes and from an early age kept my own bike repaired. In the 1960's, money was scarce and bikes were not the cheap disposable things they seem to be today, so I was used to swapping parts to keep em going.
A couple of years ago I started getting interested in rat rods - but still have not built one.
My brother developed an interest in old ballooners and actually gave me a 1955 Columbia Torpedo to mess with - Still not back together LOL.

Anyways, Thiis spring bought a 1955 JC Higgins that I just love riding

Also just acquired a 1955 Schwinn midweight with a SA 3 speed, which is another very fun ride.

Look to this site for lots of great Ideas, Thanks.

Last edited:
This is how it starts, get given one bike, soon you catch a good deal on another one, and another one, then you join RRB, next step you appear on that "Hoarders" TV show... ;)

Just kidding, welcome aboard!

Luke.

Ha ha, Luke you may be right! A neighbor saw me on the J.C.Higgins and pulled a 56 Hawthorne out of the rafters and gave it to me!

Wow I want a neighbor that gives me cool bike.

BTW welcome and I have been being careful as I have an addiction and if not careful will fill my entire place with bikes (been so bad one time the bikes took over my couch)
I limit myself to 10-15 bikes max now lol

Waupun here.

Back