Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all and a big thanks for letting me into your community! My name is Wayne and the 62 is my birth year...so I am getting up there. When I was in my 30s to 40s my bike was my transportation. Not so much these days. My current ride is an old Balance Al-250 I bought new in 95. I tend to ride when my back says it OK these days :) I've been a long time lurker here and have collected a few future bike projects. I will be sharing pics and notes in the near future. This forum is an endless stream of inspiration and I'm glad to be here. Thanks!

My current ride is an old Balance Al-250 I bought new in 95
Feel free to share that story too, that's my kind of bike. One owner workhorses are awesome. Balance made some good looking bikes, I could probably get along with one
c07051565d174e1395e9810b4dd21719.jpg

Feel free to share that story too, that's my kind of bike. One owner workhorses are awesome. Balance made some good looking bikes, I could probably get along with one View attachment 243123
Welcome aboard. :forum:
Wow! That's my bike! Only exception being mine came with a regular non-suspension fork. Today, the only thing on my bike that is original is the frame and seatpost. Rear wheel was taco'ed by a trash truck back in 97. Cranks were replaced in a recall early 2000's, and the front wheel just wore out. Bottom bracket was replaced just a few years ago along with a shorter stem and riser bar to accomodate my aging spine :) I'm on the 2nd rear derailleur and 3rd set of pedals. Can't remember how many chains and cog-sets it's been through :) The old handle bars reside on my oldest Son's cheapo 700c single speed and the original stem resides in my tool box :)

Latest posts

Back