Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an Orange and black cruiser but No rat rod bikes yet.

My Bro-in-law Yoothguy is building a few. I've signed up to follow along.

I raced BMX in the mid 80s, and wrenched as a bike mechanic in the late 80's. Been on 2 wheels 35 year. Still have all my bikes but 2 (Raleigh Rampar BMX / CW racing BMX 26" Cruiser)

Lately I've been digging out the BMX stuff and riding a 24" DK BMX style cruiser, But I'm feeling the rat rod bike vibe and with a little prodding from my bro in law I might have to jump in.

Mean while I'll hastle him and try to help out where I can.

My little girl (Yoothguy's niece) on my 24" DK BMX Cruiser ...
P9230280.jpg

Welcome Mike!

When I first saw your DK I wasn't convinced, I had my 20" Diamondback and the 24" looked goofy to me, but the more I see it the more I want to RIDE IT! I still want another little BMX for playing with, but only if it just falls into my lap.

You should post some other bike photos, I know I've seen some of your BMX bikes on that other forum.

Welcome !!! :) Nice looking DK, Im a 30 year old clumsy fat guy and just built a 20" BMX for giggles and I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna ride this thing :lol:

Welcome! :)
Lately, everytime I see photos of BMX bikes, I come to remember the one I had as a kid and all the fun I had riding it. Seeing such nice looking bikes as yours I'm starting to feel an urge to build one for myself! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome. Coming off the back of the BMX bike hurts more then it used to, I looped out a good power wheelie last fall and sent the DK flipping down the sidewalk just missing a parked car. Limped around work for days with road rash... I hit the BMX track a few times too. Small doubles are scarry and air is now better measured in inches...

P9240941.jpg

P9240945.jpg

early 80's CW TFM 24" mini Cruiser fixed up last yer... (I used to race a 26" modle at age 9 ~ it was way to big)
P9190935-1.jpg

My original freestyle bike from 6th or 7th grade 1st bike I bought with my own $$$ ...
P9140277.jpg

Still riding the Dyno and the DK weekly... The Dyno went to collage with myself and then later with my bro-in-law Yoothguy. Fun to get out with the 14/15 yr olds and still out freestyle a few of them.

Whitfield said:
Still riding the Dyno and the DK weekly... The Dyno went to collage with myself and then later with my bro-in-law Yoothguy. Fun to get out with the 14/15 yr olds and still out freestyle a few of them.

Haha, I can't even do a bar spin while riding slow. I had fun on the Dyno around campus, mostly I just cruised, but there is a photo of me on it in the yearbook. Come to think of it, I made the yearbook 2 times in college on bikes.

Mike welcome to the forum. I am glad to see someone else that I know personally. I am digging your bmx bikes. Making me think that my next build should be a 24" bmx bike so we shall see. Yoothgeye keeps talking about them and has me more and more interested.

nelvolks said:
Making me think that my next build should be a 24" bmx bike so we shall see. Yoothgeye keeps talking about them and has me more and more interested.

I've got nearly all my parts for my 24" BMX... YEAH! BABY!

Back