Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short...Our bikes were stolen several months back and I decided to "put together" a couple of bikes inexpensively. I'd never heard the term "Rat Rod" referring to bicycles but I guess that's what I was "putting together". I stumbled upon this site and was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the beauty, artistry, and ingenuity of the bikes you guys are rolling around on!! I'm a total novice bicycle mechanic but have managed to put together several bikes to replace our family's stolen rides: a 1992 GT Pro Series BMX bike for my son, a 1961 Schwinn Traveler "Rat" bike with a two speed kickback hub and ape hangars for my wife, and a "klunker" style cruiser for me. I'm having a great time learning about vintage bikes and mechanics and getting tons of inspiration an creative ideas from your site. Learning my way around! Can somebody tell me what "bump" means in the forum posts?? I don't get it!:confused:

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have some awesome rides to replace your stolen ones! Would love to see some pics at some point...

"Bump" is simply a way of getting (bumping) the thread back to the top of the new posts list, usually used if you have something to sell that the for sale post may have got missed by some members when it was first put up, or you are hoping to get more interest in. Other times it is used by members who are selling multiples of one item, just as a reminder that more of those items are still available.

Luke.

welcome aboard
this site is awesome!!! lot's of knowledgeable people and a great community for the ratrod bikes scene
i never heard the term rat rod bikes until i saw a cool bike and clicked it to lead me here now im hooked.
i sure you will love it here
would love to see you're bikes they sound cool
Sean

Welcome aboard!

Its pretty safe to say..... you're gonna get addicted outta control and MORE THAN replace the bikes that have been stolen :crazy:

Have fun! ...... and , oh yeah, we LOOOOOVE pics around here too :thumbsup:

well there is 2 ways i know of to upload pics
the first would be become pro for i think 20 bucks/year or something like that
check with Steve thee im unsure how it works
the second is upload them to photobucket and copy the url and paste it in the post.
sean

Welcome! I agree Photobucket is pretty easy to load from. If a stupid guy like me can do it, anyone can! What is your location?

Photos of my bikes for those interested. Hoping to build some cooler ones as I learn more and search out more parts.

DSCN9703_zps999685e1.jpg.html

http://s861.photobucket.com/user/Bill_Criss/media/DSCN9703_zps999685e1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
My most recent is this is the 1961 Schwinn Traveler with two speed kickback. Flea market purchase. Cleaned it up changed the tires and switched to the ape hangars. Rides great
DSCN9706_zps58a62293.jpg.html

Here is the 1992 GT I put together for my 11 year old son. Its mostly original with new tires and brake. Random seat. He doesn't care about old school BMX. He just likes it because "its fast!" I think its cool though.

http://s861.photobucket.com/user/Bill_Criss/media/DSCN9706_zps58a62293.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

Back