New NORCAL Fattie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so went by my Bicycle Recycle Shop, aluminum crank set, a 34 & 36 Chain ring, a 20 tooth rear cog, a stem adapter and shorty stem. Threw the 20 tooth on, definitely the choice for me, although still some push up a grade, but no wild pedaling. Once US Choppers gets the rear hub back in stock, I'm putting a thread on cassette, and disc brake. I'm thinking a few gears on the BEAST could be useful, and a manageable brake, having to re-learn back pedalin to brake, lol.......

Any suggestions or ideas always welcome.....

Think I have a set of Black n Silver somewhere, hadn't decided on pedals yet, yes the plastic ones they give are probably the worst POS I've ever seen, use em for mockin up or a donor bike....

I found these cool pedals when I was trolling around Ebay. I had the same ones on my Diamondback and they are great. The square shape has a great platform to get your foot lined up and plenty of grip. Not to mention they look killer too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIAMONDBACK-BMX ... 460d552bb9

OK, so after tryin the cranks I just picked up, I found them hiting the left side of the rear stay, luckily in one of the box O parts, I had another set of Shimano cranks and they clear it all, also pulled the stock cups out, one greased, the other spit on MAYBE. Put in some TANGE cups with rubber seals and that's taken care of. Did place the gear behind the crank arms to keep a straight chain line. OH, and IMO a 34 x 20 gearing is da bomb, although may still wind up putting a US Choppers hub in the back and a 6 speed threaded cassette I have, but definitely not one of my main priorities. Did have to bang the chain guard around to keep it from rubbin, but I do want it there to keep the ole jeans from getting in there. Anyone done heavier spokes on these rims yet, if I'm gonna do the hub it was a thought to do heavier spokes and try to keep em stiff n straight, DO NOT SAY IT BOYS!!!

Carefull with the choppers US hub. I had to widen the chain stays a TON to put a 6 speed freewheel with that hub on my buddies bike. A 5 speed freewheel would be MUCH better. OR if you have the means to do it, widen a hub.

Thanks for the heads up, yea I'll be doin more research before I get to that point.

The GF got us a new toy, a small craft cutter, had to work at figuring software to get files to a useable format. I'll be able to make decals, and or just cut out stencils for airbrushing.

startin slow and just a partial, the whole name will be on it in the end, just need to get some vinyl...

Thats cool! I have been wanting to make some decals for mine, but didn't know how. What kind of craft cutter is it?

Very cool, I have a 32 tooth on mine and the ratio is pretty decent but I do more trail and off road than street riding and when I am on street I normally have my trailer too so it is geared a bit lower for those reasons. I like the decal, nice touch.

Not sure where it came from or who started it, but.....

Had thought about "Yer Girlfriend likes my Fattie" but that might get me in trouble.......

just usin contact sticker paper for now to get hang of it, eventually use the other portion of the vinyl as stencil so I can airbrush logos and names on the frames and parts.

Just a thought, you should use those stickers as paint masks and mist some dark brown and black paint around them so it looks like mud then peel the stickers away so it looks like the name is written in the mud. :mrgreen:

Dude that's righteous, I will experiment with that idea, still settin up my shop and then my airbrush stuff. I used to custom paint R/C car bodies, and have done shadows, and break aways, so that will be fun....

Awesome, I used to do a bit of R/C racing back in the day, I have painted a few and I still remember having to mask in reverse painting the inside of the clear bodies then trying to fish out the masks without scratching your paint all to heck. Those bodies would take a beating though. My R/C hobby ended the day I got a brand new HPI Racing kit as well as lots of upgrades (motor, speed control, gearing, exc.) and ran it head on into a street curb on the first run and it exploded into a $300+ pile or really expensive plastic shards. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
I think Kingfish started that one, or at least he's the guy who made it popular.

I couldn't remember, so I searched back and it looks like I did coin that phrase back in August 2011 while I was just starting on Fugsley.
The saying is also an easy steal from Steve's Build Off Rules mo rat = mo bettah and a hot sauce catalog I remember called Mo Hotta Mo Betta.

I like your MFMB stickers and the idea of using them as a paint mask.

Has anyone, or is anyone running these Felt Bars, look like they might be wider and swept back a lil more than the stock Beast bars.

The stock stem is 7/8"
I am using 32" wide motorcycle bar.
Works great and makes it easy to ride.
It looks like the Felt bars only silver.

Back