New Parts For Building

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at bikes at Wal-Mart. Yeah I know but hear me out regardless.

I was thinking as I looked at this big Shwinn repop , I know it's not the Shwinn we know and love, and it occured to me that for the 100 dollar price, you could buy 2 of these bikes and have all the ''new'' building fodder that you need and then some.

In my case, I'd like to build a stretched rider for the paved bike trail. Would I be better off going this rout than buying or looking for a couple rusty P.O.S.'s that I'd have to piece together afterward anyway or use the new parts from 2 new bikes?????

That would leave me 2 extra wheels and tires with brakes , a seat , and extra handle bar , 2 fenders , a rear rack , Chain and a carcass for robbing a BB if needed and or fornt fork tube. the rest of the second frame would be used in sections building the stretch .

Since I'm new, let me ask another opinion. Could this bike be built using just one of the new bikes and some supliment tubing and forgetting about the other spare parts ???????

well.....i once got a schwinn s.s. cruiser for 50 at a garage sale
so far ive used some of the tubing and the crank but you might be probably better off going to youre lbs too see if they have anything theyre going to toss(youd be surprised at what goes in the dumpster sometimes)...

I bought one of these schwinn wallyworld bikes. I wanted it for the wheels. I used the wheels, seat, and bars, then i put a chinese schwinn-type springer on it, put some old wheels I found on it, and I've almost got a rat rod Christmas present for someone. It looks way cool, even if it is all chinese. I think it's a good deal all around. You're not cutting up anything that anyone would want very badly, and where else are you gonna get a set of decent wheels, new tires, seat, bar, and grips for that kinda money? If you get the last one in inventory, you can get better deals on them too. I say go for it.

Back