new pics of the lucky 7 boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 7 and 4 spd nexus's are both coasters. I think that is all that Electra uses. Other companies (Bianchi) use the Roller brakes.

Oh! I forgot to warn you... Be careful with those cream tires... because before you know it, they will turn yellow on you. I dont know what it is, but it must be the hot sun here in southern california. My tires started out looking nice and creamy like yours, but after about a month I noticed them turning a yellowish color.
Here's the before. I'll try to snap a picture of the new yellow color they turned into.
590f48224b.jpg

Real nice, giving me some ideas, be picking this one up tomorrow in O'side, probably go clunker on this one. It's pristine nubs still on tires.

schwinn_repop.jpg

wow cool you found a 98 like mine. let me know if you want to sell the shifter i have been looking for that shifter because when mine was stollen the shifter got messed up. let me know cool bike.

That's one awesome lookin' bike, man!
I'm really likin' that pseudo cafe racer style.
That handlebar really sets it off and brings it all together for a killer stance.

I'm going for something similar for my lil' project as well. Thanks. This gioves me an idea as to what I can expect.
G.

actually the shifter is not done yet right now it is on the left side of the frame under the front of the tank. eventually i am going to hide the shifter inside the frame and make a small shift arm that sticks up through the top of the tank.

Hi Karfer67,

I'd rather not let the shifter go especially by itself, not sure how easy those are to get. Presently I have 2 of these nexus 7 speed wheelsets, this one and another laced to some Sun rhyno-lite rims. That one has a black plastic version of the shifter(this one is a metal version) which I might be selling together wheelset/shifter, undecided on doing that right now though.

thanks to all this build has been very emotional for me sort of a resurection of this bike from ashes to this. i would not sell this bike for any amount of money and other than a few more details it is done. found a radar thing the says how fast you are going the other night and wound her up to 30 in 7th but i did not have enough room to get all the way into 7th so there is more there. to be continued.

this bike is just stupid and all wrong. j/k i'm drooling over this bike i wish i had your skill and resources. keep up the good work. no hard feelings.
-Rob

no worries i guess thats why i like cruisers so much because you can really express yourself in a lot of ways. i used to be into long fork bikes then i saw a boardtracker and thought how cool that would ride so i first made the higgins. then came this bike which although i wont say toped the first it has made an impression wherever it goes which is exactly what i wanted.

Back