New project for me, '51 Chevy truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this up last night, it's a 1951 Chevy 5 window short bed, been looking for another one of these, I sold my '52 shortly after I got married 3 1/2 years ago. I don't have that kinda wife, she really wanted me to keep it, problem was it was unpractical and it was my daily driver and I was changing jobs, so it was sold.

The new addition, I figure on it being a slow build, so it's built just the way I want, target date to finish, before my 6 month old son is ready to drive, I think ultimately it will be his some day down the road. Plans are for a small block Chevy to reside under the hood, boring I know, but I can't really afford the Buick nailhead or Olds Rocket like I'd really like, a Mustang II front end, and not sure the other exact plans, but it will be built with a traditional hot rod feel to it, though maybe not 100% era correct.
1-21.jpg

This is the truck that went away 3 years ago, powered by an early 70's Olds 350 back by a 200R4 trans, it was clipped with a GM sub frame, and yes the roof was gone, after these pictures I added a set of early Torque Thrusts that I restored, but the front bumper and filler panel on and added vintage yellow fog lights. I miss this truck, my wife and I left our wedding in it, so I see it a lot in the back ground of all our wedding pics.
2-18.jpg

3-17.jpg

Me and my son that turns 16 next june have been looking for a 55 56 57 chevy truck ever since we seen this one from the front and thought how they remind us of a bulldog which is his schools mascot we want to do it up where the grill and all the other little pieces are white and the body would be a semi gloss or flat royal blue with brookfield bulldogs in garage style lettering on the doors

Back