new rims

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody. Who makes a good 26" rim to replace some S-7s? I bent a rim on my every day Heavy Duti and I think I finally decided to put normal 26" rims on it ("normal" as in "non-schwinn" sizing).

Who makes a good replacement for the S-7? I have purchased some chrome wheels in the past few years that didn't last so well. They got rusty, even though I keep my bikes inside. One of them developed a permanent rust blob right where the word "CHINA" was stamped on it.

I was thinking maybe Worksman, but it looks like they only sell 26X2.125. I think that would be more like an S-2 rim.

what size tire you looking to put on? 26x1.75 or 26x2.125? you pay a little more, but you can prob get some stainless wheels. I think wald still might make them? check your LBS ans see what they can get for you. I think the S2 wheels for the Schwinn just means that you can use regular sized tires, notthe goofy sizes they used to use.

It looks like Wald only makes fenders and baskets these days.

I called Worksman and they said that their rims are all imported from China.

I guess I'll try and find some S7s somewhere. Does any body have one they want to sell? Hopefully in SE Michigan?

Latest posts

Back