new schwinn? maybe?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i have been looking for a bike for my girlfriend when on craigslist i found this 1964 schwinn...maybe. when i picked it up i only paid 65 dollars for it so i figure hey why not at least my girl will enjoy it! i cant find a single serial number on it or anything it has been rebuilt and painted. any idea what it is guys?
schwinn.jpg

looks like a schwinn...guard, forks, frame...number might be behind rack/fender braces on dropout. :wink:
if not, try the neck or crank for date...

Markm said:
looks like a schwinn...guard, forks, frame...number might be behind rack/fender braces on dropout. :wink:
if not, try the neck or crank for date...
Take it to the bank, it's a Schwinn.

hey i found it after i took the shelf off the back of the bike they covered teh serial up. but yup it is a schwinn so i feel like i got a pretty good deal for 65.

just out of curiosity what year is it? the only reason im asking is looking at where the kickstand mounts doesnt look schwinn at all :? even if its not you still got a good deal!

the guy said the bike had been "restored" i know the wheels are not the original ones just cheap china wheels and the kickstand is bolt on. so it is probly not factory. bike has factory grips but im super disappointed someone spray painted the black so they look really crappy now :x this bike will probly be rode for this summer then come winter i am going to tear it down and rebuild it and change the color.

In 61, your Schwinn could have a bolt on kickstand from the factory, but I'm not sure if they quit that by 64 or not. I restored a Skipper that had no built in kickstand.

cool schwinn! any idea what model? i have a 62' heavy duty american tht looks very similar to yours, bu tin original colors and it has a built in kick stand. could your be an american, too? american, fleetline, wasp or ? i like it reguardless and these old schwinns last forever. sometimes i wish i had a cheap set of chinese wheels instead of my heavy duty s7 rims, cuz maybe then i may actually have a easy choice of tires.

Back