New Specialized "Fat Boy" chopper?!??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FunkyStickman said:
In my opinion (and many of those here) you can build a more comfortable, better looking bike for less money. The FatBoy is beautiful, but a bike that fits you would get used much more.

thanks a lot for your concern. and you know what? after reading your message i checked the link in your signature and i had the chance to see the amazing work you made on the schwinn stingray. and along with the other people's advices, your work opened my eyes!

as i said, i was eager to buy the fatboy but i was really wondering if it would be fitting me or not. in the negative situation, i would have spent the money for something which would be nothing more than a burden for me.

many thanks to you and other people who helped me in making my mind.

i am now trying to choose between the stingray you built and stingray spoiler.

(do these choppers have sizes or all are one size?)

Has anybody seen this bike??? Aluminum frame, 24X3" front wheel and 24X6" rear wheel!! So now it looks like Specialized makes 24X3.5" tires! :D
rear is 25x6 not 24x6
And you can get it in "Satin primer/Rust Rat Rod!"
9590-10_fatboy_ratrod_rust_l.jpg

DO WANT! This bike would rock with an internal gear rear hub. Somebody's got to do it!

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBC ... d=09Fatboy

(EDIT)
Look at the axle clamps!!!! HOLY COW!

this bike look sgreat in pictures, have seen one in person and it is quite small and does not looks comfortable. it would be good to get a picture with a person next to it to get the scale.

It’s a cool bike, but it’s not a $2,800 cool bike.

Seriously – a $2,800 single speed?

Back