New to forum, and bikes in general:

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first bike was a K-mart Huffy. One gear, and handlebar brakes. I remember it kept having trouble with the bearings. My dad must have taken the assembly apart a good five times. Once, he even ordered a new bearing part. How frugal. But yeah. My next was a really foul $58.00 Roadmaster mountain bike. I think it survived a year and ten rides in an outdoor habitat before the brakes no longer worked well, the rims were bent, and the frame was rusting up badly. Another five years pass, and here I am, in need of a bike. I've moved out a good bit further from downtown, and I don't care to make the walk. Hills aren't an issue where I live, and speed isn't critical. Getting there in style is of more import. And here I am, in search for a 60's department store middleweight to park amongst all the department store 70's road bikes (eg. Ross, Royce Union, Free Spirit) that people chain up to our bike racks.

Welcome!

Back