New to the board.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My name is Matt and I am new to your board so I thought to post a proper introduction. I am a fabricator/metalshaper/TIG welder for a living at a high end European restoration shop but also have a business that I run after work called Pipeworx, hence my user name. I recently purchased a bicycle this past weekend at Pate Swap Meet from a gentleman who told me about your website so I thought to check it out as I really love anything vintage, especially bicycles. I like looking at the builds on this site and as much as I enjoy restored bikes I really like seeing custom ones with one off parts. I was told that the bike I purchased was once owned by the owner of this forum but I may not have been given the correct information. I wish I would have gotten the contact information of the person I met at Pate Swap Meet as he had another bike I am interested in. If that person sees this post, or if any of you recognize this bicycle and know the guy, please drop me a line. I will be breaking this bicycle down soon to customize it and make it my own, custom alloy tanks, rechroming, custom brass trim, custom fenders, saddle and grips are all in the plans. If any of you are interested I will post pictures along the way to show my progress.

Matt

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

There is a build off starting May 1st, wait till then and you can enter into it. Don't do like me and start a week to early because I am new too and didn't know. Nice bike, good luck on your build and have fun.

Welcome aboard! That frame should have a serial number under the bottom bracket. There are a few members that can give you the build date from that. CWC is a great start.

Latest posts

Back