New to the forum...BUT not new to wheeled vehicles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,

While I love all things wheeled I'm new to this forum and the cruiser scene. Usually, I'm on the vintage BMX sites. I have owned several musclebikes (20") and I currently have a Ross cruiser in original shape complete with "beer basket" on the front. However, yesterday I scored a new frame and seat- told it's Columbia- and want to start planning my new build, that's where you guys come in.

Where can I get colored 26" rims/wheels? Or should I just paint some up?

Also, I see some wicked forks on here but can't seem to find a site that lists more than one style. I dig the Monark style but have read bad things about the repop ones breaking apart at the crown and I'd rather avoid that disaster if possible.

Thanks and I'll continue searching through the threads for more info. I already saw an awesome idea for a manual shiftrear hub...J

Welcome..........Well with rims it matters if you want to keep it all orignal......Then I would say paint them........But ebay does have stores which sell painted wheels..........now if you hate ebay then I would go to check out your local bike shops.......

Back