New to the site - I come with project!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I have been hanging around the site for a month - LOVING the photos of all the cool bikes. Collectively we've the best garage in the world!

I finally get to post a project but I am hoping to get a bit of information from the experts. . . . Photo below - what is it?

I think it's from the '60s. A little rough as far as wields and finish, 20 inch wheels, no badges or marks, built like a tank (very heavy).

As for an intro on me - I love bikes, always have. Actually anything on wheels but bicycles feel the most natural for me. Got the cruiser bug in 2000 when I picked up a few of the Dyno cruisers from Kustom Kruiser. I have been making adjustments to them over the last couple years. Collection also includes some Felts - also being adjusted not to look like other Felts.

My goal is to have something in next year's Build Off - So many ideas, so little garage space.

Glad I found you. Looking forward to many enjoyable moments checking out everyone's projects and such.

Best,

Bacon

2889793681_cd91e7a782.jpg

Welcome Bacon!

Looks like a 70s model BMX you have there.

Several companies made moto bikes like that...Huffy, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Mattel, Murray, etc.

Not sure of the brand or model, but someone here will know...love those 70s BMX bikes. :D

Rat Rod said:
Found this old 1975 Wards Christmas catalog ad...

Looks like your ride! :D

Wow, I'm not sure how you did that - but thanks. I found some old pics of this bike and learned that Montgomery Wards called it the Silver Fox. Awesome to have a shot from the catalog though. Thanks very much! :D

I was looking through that old Christmas catalog sight for the Murray I had just found and saw your bike there....pretty crazy stuff!

Back