new to the site, not to the game

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my name is eddie and i been rolling old school since i could remember... i remember my step-dad welding together old bike parts to make my very first bike when i was 4 or 5. ha i think thats when i was biten by the bikebiuldingbug!! since then i have been collecting and biulding bikes. here are a few that i built when i was a kid and now past on to my kids... the first one is a schwinn but dont know the model of it (maybe someone can help me in identiffing it)
IMG00614.jpg
and this one is a 1971 schwinn hollywood, these are my daughters...
IMG00657.jpg
next are my son. first a 65 stingray that he has been lowriding
IMG00624.jpg
second is a 70's model stingray
IMG00616.jpg
at last count he has 8 bikes. here is his 51 scwhinn spitfire that he refubished himself...
IMG00621.jpg
i made it a full family afair here are just two of my wifes bikes, the first a 52 schwinn flying star total survior
IMG00622.jpg
and a rootbeer brown 70's scwhinn suburban i'm rattin out to match my rat... (BTW, she has 6 bikes altogether)
IMG00682.jpg
and then my bikes, here are just two of my favorites. first theres a 56 "tiger" (just corected) i completly refurbished it was a barn find
IMG00715.jpg
second is a 80's model scwhinn cruiser i cut, chopped, ratted out, and dubbed "The Dirty Rat" it was just invited as feature exhibtion attration at the "2010 oregon handmade bicycle show"...
oregon_bicycle_show-028.jpg
well enuf about me gald too be here and and i hope to get to know you!!!
imagejpeg_2.jpg

hi julie thanx for the welcome and wecome yourself. well im no pro by anymeans but i'll try to help you with any question you might have, i like to share the little bit of knowlege i have to anyone willing to listen... lol Well dont be a stranger hit me up when ever... :)
juliew9855 said:
I'm Julie, a totally newbie to this community.
Nice to see you all and great to be a part of the community. Hope to get help from you, thank!

Rat Rod said:
Welcome Eddie! :D
thanx for the welcaome and thank you very much for making and keep this site up.... you guys are awesome for it!!!

HEY ED! if your ever in spokane bring your bike! theres a huge old school ride every first sunday of the month..

right on guys ... HotRodJen, SCHWINNRAY69, Gold Street Customs thanx 4 the welcome and hello...

hey poorhotrodboy thanx 4 the invite, i been trying to get a regulr ride set up here in the tricitties but our kustom/mod vintage gruop is small, so we just meet when we can. the last pic on my intro was from our first ride, and now i have planed a pub run ride for holloween... so the invite exstens your way as well. i"ll be posting something on CL soon so keep an eye out for it. it might of be your rides in spokane that inspired our rides, what i found was "the elks ride" in spokane. but anyways, keep in touch and let me know when and where to meet i'd luv to take part in your cruise. thanx for the invite and the welcome.

Galtbacken said:
Welcome Ed! The Dirty Rat is sweet! :)

And welcome Julie! :)
right on thanx for the welcome, im glad you like my monstrosity lol :lol:

edbuildsRATSinthe509 said:
right on guys ... HotRodJen, SCHWINNRAY69, Gold Street Customs thanx 4 the welcome and hello...

hey poorhotrodboy thanx 4 the invite, i been trying to get a regulr ride set up here in the tricitties but our kustom/mod vintage gruop is small, so we just meet when we can. the last pic on my intro was from our first ride, and now i have planed a pub run ride for holloween... so the invite exstens your way as well. i"ll be posting something on CL soon so keep an eye out for it. it might of be your rides in spokane that inspired our rides, what i found was "the elks ride" in spokane. but anyways, keep in touch and let me know when and where to meet i'd luv to take part in your cruise. thanx for the invite and the welcome.

thanks man! the elks ride is what i was talking about, last time i went was a few months ago i have been really busy with other things like school and work and what not. but its a huge thing people come out of the woods or something haha i remember one ride we took up 3 lanes and almost 2 blocks it was great! and the pizza and beer is great to!

it started out with a few people here then it just grew huge. so just set a date keep it the same every month so people know and watch your bike community expand

man that snds awesome.. for sure let me know when the next one is! .... 3lanes and 2 blocks hu.. man here we'd get called in for insiteing a riot if we did like that.. :lol: we started with 4 poeple and now we're up to 13 some times more. yeh ure right tho we need a set date at least once a month. well like i said keep in touch and let me know...

poorhotrodboy said:
edbuildsRATSinthe509 said:

thanks man! the elks ride is what i was talking about, last time i went was a few months ago i have been really busy with other things like school and work and what not. but its a huge thing people come out of the woods or something haha i remember one ride we took up 3 lanes and almost 2 blocks it was great! and the pizza and beer is great to!

it started out with a few people here then it just grew huge. so just set a date keep it the same every month so people know and watch your bike community expand

Back