New "vintage" cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,
CC here ...I'm new on here ..love the great rides!!..
I was thinking about my first beach cruiser...Back in High school (1977 ;) ....a skip tooth all primer grey even the tyres
girls Schwinn I picked up @ a thrift store for $5 bucks...surfer special..I remembered dropping it in front of the local liquor store ..it had no kick-stand & some man comes up & says he will give me $100 for it ..look at him..look at the bike ..said Nah!..& went in side...;)

Anyway travel back to 2010 & I buy a walmart/china "schwinn"cruiser..grind off the paint ..primered most of it then let it set in the pool for awhile....;)
Put a few retro parts on & made a Skip-tooth crank sprocket..thanks to "outskritcustoms"for the idea..wish I thought of it !!...
The only vintage parts are the monarch springs..the Chicago badge & the non reflector pedals..
now hope I can get the pics on here...;)

Test pic..
photostream

flickr pics don't work well here. Try right clicking on the image then copy the image location.

Fixed the Image. click to edit the post and you can see what I did.

Nice update to the bike. Very cool Tiki carvings too.

Cool!
Funny, my wife and I stayed at the Tropics motel a couple of years ago for a weekend getaway and I remember commenting on the tikis (I'm a big fan of all things tiki 8) ). Nice work. Who would have guessed they were done by a fellow Rat-Rodder!?

Hey Ace,
Yeah I cant think what those things are called that go on the bottom of the forks to the springs..I added the springs to "hide" the new style forks...
& I didn't add the "parts" cause I dont like the feel of the springs er when they bottom out......

Thanks Loco ,
Thats the original outhouse the bike leanin' against on on property..& no we don't use it(the outhouse that is)..cept for keepin' garden tools in...

Small world Eggz!..
Thanks!...
I built a stretched Tiki bike years back ..see if I can find the pics & Clancy can help again!...;)

& AS always keep me in mind for all your tiki needs!!.....:)_)

Latest posts

Back