New Walmart Bike and possible Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a bike that I have trying to find for quite awhile. The stores in Northern Colorado have been out of them. I was in Southern Colorado and stopped at a Walmart there and they happened to have one. I am possibly going to put a motor on it. I am looking at a Grubee Skyhawk motor. Has anybody here used this motor before? I would like to hear any feedback if anybody has any. I work with a guy who used this bike for a motorized project and it turned out pretty cool. It is a Schwinn Clairmont, 7 speed grip shift. It needs a little fine tuning because after all it is a Walmart bike. But if I don't motorize it I think it will turn into a nice Rat Rod Bike of some kind. Thank. Leo
006-2.jpg

I have had the skyhawk an it sucked then I tryed a flying horse it also sucked but I have a buddy that got the skyhawk from me an put a new carb exspansion chamber an new style head with the slant plug an its an awesome hual tail daily rider he rides it to work everyday 22 miles 1 way with no problems so I guess what I'm sayin is if you get 1 do the upgrades cause factory sucks on all of them

looks like a pretty similar frame to the Cranbrook. Lot's have people have motorized them, just keep an eye on the frame. I was on motorbicycling.com and saw a few pics of the frames cracking at the seatstays. :shock:

Thanks for the info , I have not done anything with it yet. I have heard of a few problems using this bike such as fenders not being strong enough to take the vibration and speed. A lot of people either take the fenders off or make better braces for them. I will let my buddy know about the frame cracking. Thanks.

Back