New website selling bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey check this site out. Let us know what you guys think.
http://greenworldbikes.com
Make sure you check out the choppers section too.

Got this thru myspace. They asked to be friends with me.
http://www.myspace.com/greenworldbikes
Here is his other myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/bongobilly1

We have this posted on the freakbike nation site and have comments both from Choppersus and Hannan Customs stating that they have not given permission. So thought that we would let everyone else know about it.
Here is the link to the post on the freakbike nation board.
http://forum1.freakbikenation.com/viewt ... ead#unread

That guy's just asking for a lawsuit if he is not a registered dealer for those companies. He's even got Pacific Cycles (mongoose) products on the website. Keep us posted as to what becomes of him in the near future.

I can't believe this thread hasn't gotten more comments. :? :roll:
For those of you who don't understand, or maybe don't care, Gigs posted this thread because the guy appears to be claiming (in some instances) that he can build or has built many of theses bikes. Any of you that are Freakbikers or are from the old CBN board should recognize some of the bikes as built by Eric Hannan. The guy also has some other familiar looking bikes, from some of the other guys. But as far as we can see, he's never obtained permission from Eric or some of the other "true" builders/owners. Choppers US is also on his site, but as far as we know he wasn't given direct permission from them.
It may not seem like a big deal to many of you, but, trust me, it is to these guys. He could really screw things up for them on future sales and the way their businesses are viewed.
It could also trickle down to many of us that build our bikes for the pure fun of it. I don't know too many of us who have a problem "borrowing" ideas from our builds or others, but I think everyone of us would be a little more pissed if we woke up to our exact bike being claimed to have been built by another.
If he creates too many problems it could "amp up" how the whole custom/rat bike hobby operates. It's very possible for the larger manufacturers to lay claim to certain designs that they have seen on your bikes. More money usually wins, bottomline! What about government intervention? Could this lead to stricter laws for frame length, handlebar height, fork length, tire sizes. Not to mention all the cool little do dads and thing-a ma- bobs that we all like to personalize with! If he, or others like him, steal others ideas and tries to duplicate them without the quality and integuity, he'll create so much bad publicity that lawsuits are sure to follow, then rules and regs start to step in! Not to mention the way our culture is viewed. Many of us already have jumped on the "China bike hatred" bandwagon. So it's not to far out to think that this guy could cause the same feelings towards a Hannan Custom, a Basman, or Chopper Us parts, bikes or business ethic. Let's try to help these guys whenever possible instead of just sitting back on our butts and not giving a crap!
The bike hobby really has a new life with the economy the way it is, let's show support to the guys that ventured out and into the dark and turned their love of bikes into a business. If you see anyone claiming to have built a bike that is definitely not theirs or their design, please let us, Gigs or Chainy, know. We want to give credit to the right people for their efforts. To acknowledge their craftmanship, their inspiration toward the hobby, and their ability to start a business of something they truely love!
But let's also acknowledge who the clowns are that want to tarnish or community. I don't know what any of you guys can do, if anything, but please keep this thread in the back of your mind. Support the ones who better the hobby, not the ones who wanna make a fast buck off someone elses accomplishments!
If any of you have any ideas please list them here or on the FBM board under this topic.
Thanks,
Chainy

Can I ask a dumb question? Has the Freak Bike Militia (FBM) ever gotten any static from FBM bicycle company? I only ask because I used to know the owner, and he seems like the type of guy to wine about something like that.

Chainy just saw this. Pretty low for someone to do this. Word of mouth and some properly placed emails will probably be enough. Anyplace you see Greenworldbikes or Bongobilly1, just report him as a potential person that has stolen images. The problem is no manufacture names are listed, just poached pictures.

The best thing is not to overwhelm him with request right now. Otherwise he might find out that something is up.

Looks like he submitted one of his bikes to Atomic Zombie. http://www.atomiczombie.com/gallery/bon ... y/chop.htm

Is the guy using actual images produced by another individual, or models actual models produced by another individual, not reproductions? If so I think he must legally obtain permission to do so. If i knew for a fact that he was I would contact the real owners party and they should contact an attorney.

If he's reproducing items that aren't patented, copyrighted.. errr intellectual property whatever, then I think he can do that all he wants. That being said, he leaves himself open to all kinds of liability if he is indeed producing poor quality products and is not carrying good ins.

My completely uneducated .02

necessaryevil said:
Can I ask a dumb question? Has the Freak Bike Militia (FBM) ever gotten any static from FBM bicycle company? I only ask because I used to know the owner, and he seems like the type of guy to wine about something like that.

Sorry but a few years back I won the crown for asking dumb questions, yours does not qualify. :p

The FBM question has been brought up numerous times, on CBN and our board, over the years and to my knowledge, there has been no problems. Awhile back the topic was brought up again and I'm not sure but I believe someone was gonna check on this with the FBM bikes owner. Not sure if anything was accomplished though. The FreakBike Militia has been around for quite a few years, as has the abreviated term for our group (FBM). I can't imagine that he isn't aware of us. I'm sure that on several occassions people goggling us, using the FBM slang, have been taken to his site. I know that's how I was made aware of the FBM bike company. It's probably worked to our advantage also.

We started the "Nation" as away for others to feel more comfortable about the FreakBikers as well as giving a central gathering hangout. In the Michigan area especially, the term "Militia" has a very negative response, thanks to the Michigan Militia from a few years back! I personally try not to use the FBM monicker but sometimes I get lazy and slip up. FBN however gets used alot by me. If I do use the abbreviated FBM I also try to use Great Lakes (-GL) or whatever chapter I'm talking about. Doesn't always happen but I do try.

Thanks for bringing this topic up, I don't wanna seem "holier than thou". Hope this answers your question. And please leave the dumb questions to be asked by us pros. We are after all ... trained professionals! :lol:
Chainy

Speed2XS said:
Is the guy using actual images produced by another individual, or models actual models produced by another individual, not reproductions? If so I think he must legally obtain permission to do so. If i knew for a fact that he was I would contact the real owners party and they should contact an attorney.

If he's reproducing items that aren't patented, copyrighted.. errr intellectual property whatever, then I think he can do that all he wants. That being said, he leaves himself open to all kinds of liability if he is indeed producing poor quality products and is not carrying good ins.

My completely uneducated .02

Yes! In the case of one of the bikes, I've got a similar picture that I took at the same time. I had actually ridden the bike that day and helped to prop it up against the tree. Many of the others were taken by the owners and used without their consent.

I do wnat to apologize to Steve and the rest of you though. I do not want to stir up any unwarranted controversy on the board, but at the same time I don't want to see someones hard work destroyed by a few words and "click and saves". I would stand up for any of you who Ifeel are being wronged!

Some of our Freaks did email the guy asking for prices and he did contact the owner/builders/designers of the some of the bikes about current prices. His intentions may be legit but he's definitely going about it in a very wrong way. I hope he gets his act together and I sencerely wish him good luck if he does.
Chainy

Thanks Chainsaw, the FBM company started out as just a group of BMXer's that hung out together in the late 80's, the "Fat Bald Men". Then they decided to make T-shirts and small products, later on making some of the best frames and forks in the bmx world. Used to be a cool little company, then they started outsourcing work to taiwan, seems like now they're just another namebrand. I won't name any names, not even sure if he has anything to do with FBM anymore, he was just the type of guy that would throw a fit about someone else calling themselves FBM.

I would like to thank Greenworld for clarifying his intentions and wishing him all the luck on his endeavors. Hopefully many of the guys that build custom frames/bikes can get together with him and all parties can help this hobby/industry to proper. I believe the time is right for this to gain momentum
Sorry for any confusions I may have caused. I just like to help protect some of the great friends I've made over the years.
Good luck
Chainsaw

i think it was a confusion as well. we all take our bikes very seriously and each one we build to sort of in a way represent ourselves.

Back