New Years Eve Score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hit this '63 Jaguar just right on Craigslist. By the time I got to New Jersey to pick it up the guy told me he had 25 more calls with guys offering more than the posted price. He was a gentleman and a man of his word and sold it to me for what he has posted. Story has it this was in a dumpster with a coppertone Stingray. Unfortunately its been out in the elements for months. He told me it was pristine when his partner found it. Oh well it's rusty but nothing comes back to life like Schwinn chrome. The horn even works. Anybody notice there are two different style truss rods on the springer ? Was one replaced ? Any of you Schwinn guys out there please let me know what you think about this springer. Spokes
jag6_zps9178d134.jpg

jag2_zps22f5dc51.jpg

jag7_zpsb1568b18.jpg

jag5_zps243e4947.jpg

Very cool! What's the build date on that? I've never seen a 63 with a starburst badge.

That's going to clean up easily, nice find.
I'd be wary of that little Amish dude who's looking at it though, he looks like trouble.

Great find! Schwinn used the skinny 3/8" truss rods until the late 40's and then they went to the chubby 1/2" style. One rod is obviously a replacement, either Schwinn or another brand. Memory Lane sells replacement rods made of stainless. Gary

Back