Newb From Illinois (St. Louis)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi, I live in Edwardsville Illinois, within the St. Louis metro area. I've been into bikes for several years now focusing mainly on road bikes. I have built a few roadies and currently ride a Trek 1500, Kestrel Talon SL Triathlon bike, and a Pinarello Prince. I consider myself fairly adept at the standards in the road bike world but I have ZERO familiarity with the cruiser/ rat bike world.

Last weekend we dragged an old cruiser from a collapsing barn in the U.P. of Michigan. The bike is my mother-in-law's childhood bike from the 1950's. Not wanting it to fall prey to the elements of the great white north we rescued it and I'm now resto-modding it to make a beach cruiser for my wife.

The bike is a Coast King Starfighter. I know it's no rare and valuable jewel, but seeing as I can find ZERO reference to them on the net I suppose it represents an obscure piece of history.
I also scored a Dyno cruiser frame from Craigslist the other day and am building a board track style cruiser for myself. (pics later)

Here's a few pics of the Starfighter.
IMGP1691.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

Latest posts

Back