Newb from Ohio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Great site! I've been surfing here for awhile now and decided it was time to join.

As a kid I was a bicycle junkie....used to drag home every bike I could find. In the summer I would comb the the local alleys looking for bikes left in the trash and walk the rail road tracks to the city scrap dump and drag home every bike I could find there. When I got my first job delivering newspapers I'd use the proceeds to buy used bikes from the bike shop. I'm not sure Dad appreciated my scrap pile.

Years have passed and now at 50 the bike bug has bit me again. Still live in the same old neighborhood....only now the railroad tracks are gone and a nice blacktopped trail has taken it's place. I'd like to get out and use it. I just can't get excited about the new bikes available today so I went out and found two Cleveland Welding bikes to restore for my wife and I....well I'm impatient so as those get started I bought two more Cleveland Welding bikes to Hot Rod.

With inspiration from the site I'll be starting this weekend on the new pair.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back