Newbie from AZ. I come bearing eye candy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A truly great website, and a very cool bunch of members, if my initial browsings are any indication! Glad to be a part of it! "Hi! My name is Brad, and I am a bikeaholic!" (isn't that how this kind of get together starts??? :mrgreen: ) - but no, I do not need help (wellllll, you all can be the judges). I live in Mesa, Arizona, which is one of the many cities that make up metro Phoenix. I first caught "the sickness" a few years ago when I bought this bike from an old guy for $25.
IMGP0707.jpg

After that, I was totally hooked and started researching old, classic bikes and tracking them down at estate sales, garage sales, craigslist and yes, ebay. I eventually morphed my general habit into a more "serious" :wink: endeavor of amassing a stable of classic bikes that could be restored to top notch specs and sold in the vendors area of the annual Barret-Jackson Classic Cars auction that takes place here every year. I tried to specialize in matching pairs of guys and girls bikes....cause who likes to cruise alone? Anyway, I thought I had it all figured out but one last thing got in the way.....money! I just could not put the funds together to fix up all of the bikes at once. That was a couple of years ago.

About that time I started realizing that I loved staring at the different classic designs and "tweaking" them in my head. I started breaking them down and reconfiguring them with swapped parts, etc. (Does this sound familiar?!? :oops: ). Unfortunately, permanently destroying a classic collectible is something I just could not do.....SOOOooooo....time to sell 'em!!!!

I stumbeld across your site on a late night web journey recently, and it gave me the inspiration to practice the "art" of bike creation rather than the somewhat "wankerish" meticulous restoration of someone else's designs. The bikes on this site are simply amazing!!! I have created a couple for friends, and have a bunch more in the hopper. I am already researching welders, and look forward to the next level of kustomization.

My handle is "Bombshelterbikes". My wife and I recently bought a 1951 ranch house on almost an acre in downtown Mesa from the original owners. During the 1960's they had an underground, detached, 2,000 square foot (yes, two thousand :shock: :shock: :shock: ) concrete bomb shelter built in the back lot. It is plumbed, has electric, and 9 foot ceilings. With four feet of earth between the ceiling and the outside climate, it stays nice and cool down there, even when it is 110 here in the summer. Here is the entrance.
IMGP0725.jpg

And here is my madness!!!!
IMGP0701.jpg

IMGP0703.jpg

1941 Rollfast & 1953 Panther
IMGP0702.jpg

IMGP0705.jpg

Pair of 1940's Shelbys
IMGP0706.jpg

When is the next pixie build off?
IMGP0708.jpg

Sometimes they are perfect as is...
IMGP0711.jpg

1941 Colson Bullnose aka Firestone Supercruiser
IMGP0709.jpg

1959 Hercules...sweet patina and a killer frame style
IMGP0712.jpg

1939 Shelby Airflo with stainless steel tank
IMGP0720.jpg

For the ladies...a couple of JC higgins and a western Flyer X-53
IMGP0723.jpg

My next project....the "Dirty Monk" :shock:
IMGP0704.jpg

Just waiting for the trike build off!!!
IMGP0713.jpg

Well, that should be enough for now, huh? Very glad to be here! Thanks a ton to Steve for an amazing place to explore the evolution of the bike and to feed the frenzy of ideas! Hello to all AZ ratrodders, I look forward to meeting you all at the first "Bomb Shelter Bikes" classic sale in a couple of weeks. Most of what you saw must go to make room for fresh meat ready to be reconfigured. I will post details soon. Adios!

Wow...what a collection and what a place to store them!!!

I dub thee an official member of the rat rodaholics club. :D

Welcome to Ratdom.......I really like your digs-a great rat hole. You have an amazing collection of bikes and PARTS.

Wow! For just getting into it, you are in deep my friend. :shock: literly! :shock: Hey let me know if you have a Springer to sell on the cheap!? Can I see those Pixie's a little closer!?

WELCOME! You're a sick man. You need help..........................CALLING Dr. RATROD.........CODE BLUE

WOW.... If I have the ability to be more jelous than I am right now, Id be surprised?!? :shock:

amazeing collection and work shop.

cman said:
Welcome to Ratdom.......I really like your digs-a great rat hole. You have an amazing collection of bikes and PARTS.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: DEFINATELY WELCOME.........I'm very jealous! :wink:
L8 EM

O m G ! ! :shock:
In a thousand years time It'll be your bikes and the cockroaches!

Really nice collection. If you could measure jealousy I'm at 9.5 on the green scale.

got no words on this one. wow is about it. oh maybe, great rides, yep, you are one sick dude.lol. oh ya, WELCOME

Outlaw :mrgreen:

i would SO have a bedroom down there for rock solid sleep. like 15 hours worth. reminds me of when i lived in a ladies basement, and my bedroom had no windows and a steel door.

Whoa! Can I come over and hang out? lol That is the Sweetness rite thurr..

2000 sq ft? build an indoor track paint cool murals on the wall and rent rat rod bikes for a pleasurable summer ride indoors!!
I can see it now white christmas lights on the ceiling for stars! lol
welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Back