Newbie From Leicestershire, England

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
Greetings from a dark and wet England, but no where near as bad as you poor people affected by Sandy, for which I send you my best wishes and prayers!!!
I've searched for an appropriate forum to talk about those great things that are 'Cruisers', or Rat Rod Bikes, and I believe I've found it!!! In the UK we cruiser riders seem a bit of an oddity, as we are few and far between, but I fail to not get a reaction every time I cycle to the nearest village store, or local town or city!!! I LOVE IT!!!
I ride a Nirve Pyro, which I hope is an acceptable ride, and now when I ride either of my others bikes I feel crunched over the crossbar, and the grin is lost from my face!!! The other bikes serve a purpose, such as the 10 mile commute to work, each way, but it's ace to return to the Nirve to remind myself that cycling is a PLEASURE!!! (Wind, rain or hills!!! Lol!!!)
My 11 and 14 year old children haven't quite disowned me on my cruiser, and my 11 year old son is having a bike for Christmas (yes, he knows about it) and insisted a 29er mountainbike would suit him better!!! Can't understand him myself!!! I keep working on 'The Wife' that the prospect of more cruiser bikes for me is a good idea, but it looks like I'm stuck with the one for now!!! What's the secret to increasing the collection??? (What's a collection of Rat Rod Bikes called??? A 'mischief', like a collection of rats???)
Anyway, must sign off, but how do I refer to my Nirve on this forum??? Is it my 'Cruiser', my 'Rat Rod Bike', or what???
Kind regards,
Gary

Welcome from Cumbria,
There's a few UK members on here, and there are some spectacular builds and bikes to feast the eyes on!
Pyro's a cool looking bike... vive la difference!!! :mrgreen:

And welcome from Co. Durham Gary! Sure your kids will come round in the end! There has been a couple of things going on down in your neck of the woods lately cycle wise I have noticed!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Cheers Bodge Deep and Boris!!!
We have a Leicester Critical Mass every month but shift patterns and family seem to have prevented me from going! If you get wind of anything happening locally, or nationally, please let me know; thanks!!!
We were in Cumbria last week (Leicestershire's Half-term) and did plenty of walking and climbing (Incl. Scafell) but didn't seem the place to cruise round on my Ratrod!!! (Is that what I should call my 'cruiser' now???)
My family were originally from your neck of the woods, Boris!!! Stockton-On-Tees to be precise, or rather Norton!!!
Bye for now!
Gary

Welcome to RRB!
We have a fair numberof Brits on here.
Have fun!

Yay! I go across to Norton regularly! There is a lad from down your way that is really working hard to build up the "scene" He's organised a couple of events at Wicksteed Park this year, (Bicycle wall of death as well!!) I will let you know of anymore in the future! Look forward to keeping in touch with you!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Back