Newbie: Help Sourcing Lights (Iron Cross rear & Motorcycle)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for looking!

So I recently found this great forum to help me spend money modding my new Electra Rat Fink. I am hooked enough that I'm already planning a second build on an Electra Straight 8 after looking through all the Electra pics.

I am after an Iron Cross style rear light that would mount to the seat post (27MM on the Electra) or under a Brooks B135. Any suggestions?

I would also like to do a NICE motorcycle front light setup for the chopper fork on the Fink. There are some nice kits available from Choppers US, etc that I have found but they aren't quite extreme enough for me. I would like something that would compliment the pretty substantial size of the Fink and the forks 4 3/4" center to center spacing. I'm thinking something with a true motorcycle style light that mounts with a clamp to the fork tube on either side. Any suggestions or info links to source parts as I assume I will need to convert a motorcycle light to battery power and buy parts. I am not an expert on bike fabrication but am a pretty skilled race car mechanic so i hope I can figure it out. :D

Also looking for a cool way to improve side visibility at night now that I have pulled all the ugly reflectors. Spoke lights? And I have seen these cool little self powered "bullet" or torpedo lights that some people have mounted to their rear dropouts where the fender supports would normally mount but can't find them.

Thanks for any input!

Latest posts

Back