newbie part II

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I should give some details to the blue stretch.

First I need to credit mad perfesser "Mr." Larry for the weld and hand holding, thanks dad, and Josh "Shoulda been born eighty years earlier" Dilly for helping bend pipe and shake his head at the correct moment.

It started out as a Huffy cruiser, cut the top bar, chain/seat stays, seat tube, added a honkin' long piece of gas pipe for top bar, gas pipe off the crank, and stuck two mountain bike forks into the end of each.
Added a 24"x3" laced with a 3 speed hub, Schwinn springer fork repro, bent back the super cruise bars...
and ride the heck out of it!!
I've since added a shifter mounted to the seat pan. Just reach down like you're gonna scratch a cheek and whoah!! you're in second gear!

Here's the link again, maybe I can figure out how to add a pick onto the post.

B_Front.jpg

That is incredibly smooth... nice. I've been chatting with a friend about the newer wide rims and three speed hubs, that's an awesome idea to use the front forks.

But... the part I am most impressed with is the ULTRA nice looking headlight. Are they LED's? I live in a college town and the cops are pretty militant about enforcing tail/headlight issues in the evenings, so functional headlights are a must for me. Did you do a taillight too?

Thanks for the feedback!
The headlight is a WalMart special. It's a headband LED that fits perfect with the springer. I haven't worked out a taillight yet, just clip one on my pants for now.

That reaks of cool..I love the empty look at the bottom end of the bike.The bottom tube design is my favourite part.It gives that..

" open Primary look" like a mean Harley Davidson does.The tough look that says
"I hope your ankles an pant legs are good and tight" cause this bad a-ss is gonna chew them up!!!

I'd love to see a full side shot of it to get the whole look.

very nice fabrication my friend!!

Kev.

Back