Newbie Questions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBK

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I am new to the site as well as bike building, so I was wondering whether this welder I have will work for welding bikes?

welder.jpg

welder2.jpg

Also I recently purchased a 5 speed Shimano shift stick from 2manybikes and was wondering if any one has a 5 speed hub they know will be compatible (I know this should be in the wanted section) or if someone could tell me how to identify a 5 speed hub just by looking at it.

stickshifter.jpg

Count the gears on the wheel. If it has "5"....it's a 5 speed.

thanks guys my question about identifying a hub was aimed at internal hubs but if mine isn't made for that then that makes it easier for me thanks.

The welder will work if operating correctly. It is a stick welder and runs on a 220 volt circuit. You will prob have to talk to someone at a welding shop or store about what sticks should be used on the application you want to weld as there are many choices. Remember to make small circles with the stick slowly back filling the puddle with metal and make sure you have a clean ground and practice alot.

I am taking a welding class second semester so I will be getting lots of practice.

Back