Next build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This my next & current build its an unknown (by me) brand of beach cruiser frame, I think its probably from the 70's to 80's year range, the forks,neck, chaingaurd, sprocket, and cranks came with for $10 off of C/L. The bars came from a Kmart All pro 3speed. I will use the seat and pedals from that too. I just need to aquire some tires and rims. The blue is a deeper blue but the flash brightened it up a bit. Lets see your next build and your plans for it.

005-1.jpg

001.jpg

Im gonna give the burrito thang a shot.
Just starting to teach myself to weld so
this is only tack-welded together for now.
I tried to "sleeve" as much as possible, by
sliding one piece into the other. I figure
if my welds break it might crumble slower
that way!! :D :D
100_1600.jpg

gonna go with longer forks to level it out...and lower the seat

sensor said:
markm.very wise idea to sleeve things! if you want to make sure its strong you can plug weld it(drill 8mm holes and weld them)in addition to the butt welds

Great idea..Thanx!!

Wow! THAT'S your first welding project! Looks great!

The blue headset looks sharp. How did the paint hold up when wrenching on it? How'd you mask off the cups? I don't think I've seen that before and my head just about popped with the posibilities.

The top nut was the only thing that the clear coat came off but I just reapplied some more with a small paint brush. Just put a rag between the wrench and your nut when your tightening it down. As far as the cups go I took them out and painted them separately.

Back